Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Leaving for Alaska tomorrow.

I'm not really sure that I can do this.

Wish I could pack Grandma in the car to go with us.

Wish it didn't take so long and so many miles to get there.

Wish we had a place to live when we get there.

I know It'll be okay.... I just question my strength sometimes.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Sometimes I just have to tell myself--and my kids--that we are having a fun adventure--even if I don't really believe it. Somehow saying it outloud helps. When we've moved I've thought of the Little House on the Prairie books, which I loved as a girl, and how they set off for new homes over and over--just their own little family--not knowing where they were going. It was all so adventurous and romantic. At least Laura always made it sound that way. But what did her mom think? I guess it is all in the perspective. So now you can have your own adventure--just your own sweet family off to make a home and a life in a new place. I know you'll make it fabulous! Thinking of you!

wyochatfields said...

You are going to do great!!! And think it is going to be one more adventure that you will always remember.

Unknown said...

You will do great! When does Shad start work?? Do you guys have military flight benefits?

Holly said...

It is a hard thing you have been asked to do, but, this I know. With God's help, you can do ALL things. And the more you believe it, the more you will be able to see all the reasons WHY this is where you are supposed to be. Oh, the stories of faith you will have to tell! I can't wait! YOU ARE AMAZING! D&C 78:17-18. It is all so very true. :)