**Side note** Something is going on with blogger, it is not uploading my pictures like it used to and it is driving me CRAZY!
Ella started 2nd grade on the 18th.
The school wouldn't let me register her at first because we were not "living" in the boundaries yet. It was very stressful because I didn't want her to miss the first day and all the orientation that goes on on that day.
But we were able to get an exception for the time being and she was assigned a class. Mrs. Segler started out well by telling me how gorgeous she thought Ella is, I already like her.
It was really cold this first morning. I think it was 47 degrees, and overcast. School starts at 9:00 and ends at 3:30. I think I am going to like these hours.
I took this picture below inside her classroom. This was the better of two, I asked Ella if she was nervous because of the weird faces she kept making. She admitted she was a bit nervous. Poor girl. I felt a bit weird driving away from the school without her. It's a weird feeling putting so much trust in complete strangers.
Ella made two new friends of which she did "mostly jumping rope" with on that first day.
Shad took a picture of the playground and I thought it would be fun for you to see where Ella gets to spend her 2 recesses. That's right I said TWO, maybe they are trying to get in the extra recesses to make up for the days that will be more than 20 below 0 degrees. It is a state law that no one goes out to play when it is colder than that. Do you see how many swings there are? We just came from a place that didn't have one swing on their playgrounds.
Ella loves school. She needs the interaction and the structure school provides for her. I think this will be a good place for her.
6 comments:
Ella is gorgeous. Is Amaya going to be going to school?
Oh my. Kaylee will love this post and be so jealous of that playgound. Kids in AK must be a lot skinnier than kids here in NC.
Does that mean they can go out when it's 10 below zero?
Looks like fun...and on Snowman Lane?! Too cool!!
That IS a cool playground!
I love the pic of Ella. I'm sure she'll do great in a new school!
That playground is amazing- and Ms. Ella isn't too bad either!!
Ella will do great!!!
Post a Comment