Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Amaya the Extraordinnaire

This little girl is something to marvel at.

She's always cracking us up.

The other day we were in a furniture store shopping and I needed to get Dash out of there, so I told Amaya to go and tell Shad that I am leaving with Dash. She turns and yells "Dad, mom is leaving you". The store clerks were giggling.






















She is very smart and uses it to her advantage.

A while back I was readying Dash and Amaya for bed. Amaya saw Dash's medicine and asked who it was for, I told her Dash.

She says: "Yesterday I was sick"

I asked " oh, what hurt?"

She replies "my feelings"

She invents new words.

Statching, meaning to fold, or to stick something somewhere, to clean up.














































She knows Everyone's annoyed button and will push it until the button breaks.

Ella and Amaya were standing next to the TV and Amaya kept knocking on the screen. Ella told her to stop. Amaya did it again. Ella said stop like it meant the end of the world. Amaya did it again. I tell Ella to stop being so dramatic and I tell Amaya to stop pushing buttons. Amaya says she isn't pushing buttons. I explain to her what I meant. Amaya knocks on the side of the TV.


























She has a talent for music. She can remember words to songs, I don't even know.

Earlier this year, she kept singing "I'm just sittin' in the window watching all the cars go by". I didn't know where she picked up this stanza and was determined to figure it out. About a week later I hear it on the XM radio station Kid's Place Live. She was singing the tune exactly right.


A quote:

Mommy, rainbows can't walk.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

I cracked up reading this. I think Amaya and Isabel would be best friends if that were possible...but maybe not, they might be too similar...:)

Rebecca said...

Oh I love it. She makes it so hard to pick a favorite. And I love all the pictures, esp the new header!

Allison said...

Chelsea, I've thought the same thing about your Isabel.

Rebecca, it took me this long to find the CD after you gave it too me. And oh I am so glad I did. It's like a treasure chest, I don't know what I'm going to see until I open it. And the header picture is one of my favorite too.

Anica said...

All these pictures are so cute! I love how you captured her personality. What a great idea to help remind you later what she was like when she was little. I like your header picture too!

How's your misadventure going?

Anonymous said...

What a hoot!

PS I can tell she and Charley were born on the same day. Maybe all that nuttiness was in the stars...

:)

wyochatfields said...

I think the second child is always great an annoying and pushing buttons because Kaden is right up there with the best of them also.

Kade and Emily said...

What a character! I hope she never looses her spunk.

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. Just like the rest of your kids. Good luck with Alaska. Maybe...Greg and I will come visit. Seriously! He's always wanted to go..and now we have somewhere to stay! haha I can't pick up on your hints!;0) PS...you could possibly live in the "north pole"? Your kids have got to be thrilled. That's the coolest thing ever!

Roundy Clan said...

I had so much fun with Amaya in Alton. I have a bunch of really good pictures of her that I promise to get around to emailing you some time this week. Things have just been crazy around here!

Jackie said...

She is so great!! I love love this post!! OOH and I love the blue background and of course the header pic is awesome...it looks professionally done :)

Cristina said...

I love the way the light hits her face in the first pic! Your kids really are adorable!