Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tour of Home part 1

Welcome to the tour of our home. I am going to guide you on this tour in a backwards way. As we don't have some rooms completed, and we are waiting for furniture for other rooms. I am not ready to show all the areas yet.


When you first set foot in the front door, you see the Living Room (it's waiting for the furniture) and the staircase. If you'll follow me up the stairs, please be sure to remove your shoes this is new carpet that hasn't been vacuumed for a while.


You are very luck to see a bit of the entryway as it is an area that is not yet completed.

At the top of the stairs is a very long hallway. We have three doors on the left, and on the right we have the family room (I don't want to show it yet, it isn't done) and a small hallway at the end.


Please don't mind the tenants they like that you're here.



The first door on the left is Dashle's room it is by far the smallest of all the bedrooms and yet bigger than both of the extra bedroom in our old house. There is still some decorating to be done in here, but it will have to wait for Shad to bring home more paychecks.




That's the dresser from Ikea. Shad has said it may be the nicest piece of furniture we own. Probably only because it hasn't been scratched or nicked yet.

The next door is the children's bathroom and guest bath. This is the bathroom you will use, if you're so lucky as to come for a visit.



The third door on the left is what I call the spare bedroom. It is at this time a complete disaster, so you'll have to wait to lay your eyes on this room. It will be my craft room and the guest room. Directly across from it, is the small hallway I referred to earlier. In this hallway are the doors to the girl's room and possibly the best hallway closet ever built.


The door on the left is the closet below.


I don't normally like to show the inside of my closets to outside eyes, but isn't it a fantastic closet?

Next we have the girl's room, please try to keep the decibles in your gasp low, as it is a very large room.

In our last house we were only able to fit the girls' bed and white dresser in it. Now we can put so much, their toys almost fit.



The dresser in this picture is something I found at a garge sale in Fairbanks. It came with a matching desk and chair and all I spent was $150. ... I know I was shocked and amazed at this deal also.

This concludes the first part of our tour. Please come again for the remaining tours as there is much I am excited to show you. We are at this time accepting all visitors to the Fairbanks Northstar Borough.

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it! Thanks!! I loved seeing new things and things I recognized. I think the girls' room could eat their old room twice! And that hall closet is definitely something to photograph. It could double as a panic room. Tell time to pass quicker so we can come visit. But tell it to make my baby stay small. And yours too. Who is that little boy in those pictures? Crazy!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina said...

WOW what a cute home, those are some huge rooms! What great spaces. I love your new basket by the staircase :) I can't wait to see the rest! Dash is growing so fast, he looks like a little man.

Kade and Emily said...

I'm glad to see you are back online. ;) Your house looks totally fun....can't wait to see it in person, and try out that spare room!

Jackie said...

I loved this post!! I am so happy you guys have ample space!! I too love the hall closet and am glad you took a pic to show us all!! I can't wait to see more! I also must comment on how big Dash is... I just don't think it is fair that they grow so fast!! And Amaya's hair is so precious!! Miss those little faces...

Unknown said...

So cute!! :)

Elaine said...

Beautiful home! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!

Pope family said...

Looks great!! So glad you guys are getting settled and have such a great home. Looking forward to seeing more.

McCallisters said...

What a great house! That hall closet really is something. Glad you and your family are doing well way up north!

Erin Marriott said...

I LOVE it!! I felt like I was totally there, taking my shoes off and everything :) I am SO happy to hear you are in your new home and not having to do the hotel thing anymore. I'm sure you were pulling your hair out. And your bedrooms are huge!! I am so happy for you guys, and it sounds like this is a great move so far. And what a fun family hike! It's gorgeous there! And hooray for your fun Target run! You'll have to post all your finds :)

Erin Marriott said...

p.s. I have kind of a weird funny question for you...so I was looking at the white sleigh bed of your girl's room, we have the same bed, lol! Except we are total losers. We bought it on craigslist and it came with two footboards. (instead of a headboard & footboard :) Now that Alli is in Lillie's room, we are trying to find the matching bed except we need 2 headboards, (you following?) I don't know what the brand is so it's like finding a needle in a haystack! Maybe you know the store or at least the brand? Anyway, congratulations on your new home, I know this will be a great experience for you guys!

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

I'm drooling over the size of those bedrooms!!!!

Great house! And I heard you went to TARGET?!?! Did you hear Angels singing when you walked in??? :)

Miss you guys!