Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tour of Home part Deaux


Taking you a back way again. A friend of mine and Shad's from Cedar City had on his, well his mom did, back door a sign that read "Back door guests are Best". So WELCOME.

Here is the garage. We knew when looking at houses that if we could, we wanted a 3-car garage. Lucky for us we got one. The door on the right is for Shad's truck Zeus. The door in the middle holds my van Thor. And the door on the left is a play/workout area for us for those cold months we keep hearing about.





Directly in front of my van is the door into the house. When you walk through this door you see the kitchen and a door on the right and the left.


On the right is the laundry room. It is the only room I have painted and practically finished. It is the only room I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like.
Small rooms are easier for me, which makes this house a bit hard.
The walls are an almost aqua, I thought the paint would have more green in it making it more of a true aqua, but oh well. I am not going to repaint, I am just not one of those people that can paint a room over and over.

I am positively happy about having a Laundry ROOM again. No more closets.
This is where we wanted to drop off our coats and bags off on the way in. So, to his dismay, I had Shad build a coat rack for the cost of $10. Better than buying one that wasn't what I wanted for $30. I love it. He hated doing it, so I think he grumbles when he looks at it, but oh well. Right?

I am a person that doesn't need a sink in my laundry room, especially since there are two other sinks less than 20 ft away. I rather wish it wasn't in here and I had the floor space to put in a mud room locker or something.
Another thing I think they did wrong in building this house is how high the cabinet is in here. I can barely reach the items inside it. I want to put some utility shelves in above the washer and above the sink, so I can have access to some of the supplies up there. Someday it will happen.

When you come in from the garage the door on the left is the 3rd bathroom. It is a full bathroom, making it another thing weird about our house. I just don't know if the shower in this room will ever get used.

The pictures hanging on the wall were made by my Maternal Grandmother Mary Josephine Sprague, she even painted the frames in that teal color. She died when I was eight, so I don't have many memories of her. I've loved thinking that her favorite color was blue, just like me, because so many of her things were blue. I have many of her things and had even more, but through all my travels some of them are no more.


....and some of what we've missed....

If I waited for these two rooms to actually be clean, then you'd never get to see them. So here I am swallowing my pride and showing you what we live like most of the time. (actually this might be cleaner than "most of the time")

The family room upstairs is on the right of the hallway. It is a very large room, but feels really cozy. It's going to take me too long to actually get it "done", so I decided to show you it now. That way when it is "done" I can do a before and after shot.



Shad set up the tent last week for Ella. That sort of thing takes so long we usually leave them up for a while.


I left the lamp on in the room to show my dad our "happy light". It is a light that gives off UV rays to help ward of the winter blues. Depression is common up here because of how little sunshine we get.

The spare bedroom (your room when you come to visit) is the third door on the left of the upstairs hallway.

I have such plans for this room. Think: Cristina Bremmer's guest room. If you don't know her or what her guest room looks like, Think: Pottery Barn.

Someday I will talk Shad into a King size bed for us, so the bed in our room will be moved into this room. I want to set it up as the ultimate guest room. It will have my sewing and crafty stuff in there though, which is all that is in here now.
But that will all be put away for your stay with us. I can't wait.


Really, I know this is messy. My cheeks are red, but I just didn't have it in me to clean it before the photo was taken and I really wanted to do this post tonight.


I feel like my kitchen is the showpiece of my home, so I keep waiting to do it last. I am also still waiting for my couch to come for the front room to post about that one. I hope it all comes together soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have so much space!! I'm sure it will come in handy when it's super cold outside and you have to not feel cooped-up. I really like your laundry room paint color as well.

Mariam said...

It is looking good! Can't wait to see it in person.

wyochatfields said...

I love the big rooms, and I wish our garage was as organized as yours.

Pope family said...

Looks great!! The three door garage is so perfect and I love your happy lamp!!

Cristina said...

Looks great, I wish we had all that space! I love seeing the kids in the pics! I wish my guest room was as big as yours! Thanks for the sweet comment. Miss you guys!!!

Kade and Emily said...

I'm glad you showed us your "messy" rooms...it makes me feel so much better about my house that is only picked up at 8:30 pm...sometimes. Again, I can't wait to see it all in person!