Right, blogging. I missed my blog in the last 3 weeks, was it? So many things to write about, I want to catch up on all of them.
First thing, sad sad day at the Roundy household...
How should I start this topic? Should I say remember Amaya's hair and how long it was, or
Amaya doesn't nap everyday anymore? I do require quiet time on most days though, for my sanity.
On this paticular day I decided to lay down too. Amaya had come in my room before it was time to get up and asked if she could watch a movie instead of play in her room. I gave in wanting to lay back down and close my eyes again as soon as possible. While I was getting her set up with the movie, I noticed something was a little off about her hair. I started freaking out and questioning her. She burst into tears and said "I just wanted to see what would happen". I try to calm myself down, what's done is done.
I set her movie up and I go upstairs to see the evidence. I couldn't find much more than a couple of strands and I knew there was more than what I saw on the floor. After more searching, I found it. She tried cleaning it all up herself by putting it in the bathroom garbage can. I then call my sister, the stylist, to see what can be done and to vent to someone. She guides me a little on how to fix it, then I send her a picture and she advises me that it is more than what she thought and I should take her in to someone.
Amaya looks at me after I have freaked out for a while and says "Mommy, I don't want you to be sad".
A little look at what it was.
Here it all is in the garbage can.
Luckily this side was in a ponytail. I think that's why there is more length on this side.
The after it was all said and done picture.
It looks pretty cute. Both Amaya and I have said more than once how we miss the length, but she's cute enough to pull off the short do.
**In a way it is good I didn't get to write about this until this morning, because last night this same little girl lit her hair on fire. Yes, I said fire.
She was sitting on the counter helping me with the cookies and I left to go switch the laundry. As I was walking into the laundry room I notice her looking at the lit candle and I tell her "don't play with that candle". Shad was in the laundry room to getting ready to go outside when we hear unusual sounds coming from the kitchen. Amaya was freaking out. She had gotten too close to the candle and her hair fell into the flame.
THANKFULLY all the damage was a few little 1st degree burns on her forehead and singed bangs. It just looks like she has a lot of baby hairs right in front. Please tell me how to teach this girl that when I tell her NOT to play with something, I DON'T WANT HER PLAYING WITH IT!!!!
I think on this one I am more mad at myself, as I was saying to her "don't play with candle" I felt I should just get her down and I didn't. Why can't I learn to pay attention to the Holy Ghost when it warns me?
7 comments:
Oh I am so glad you are back. I always save your blog for last on my google reader. Amaya is cute enough to pull off that new hair, you're right. But I would still be sad about the length. Remember, I am still mourning a tooth lost in January.
Our girls were indeed born under the same star.
She is still sooo adorable!! Never a dull moment even in Alaska for you guys!!
I think her hair looks super cute short. Marley is like Amaya, she hears what I say but then does what she wants anyway. It drives me nuts!!
thats a big chunck of hair to find. The short cut does look super cute on her though!!!
Oh my! I have to say it looks REALLY cute short! It's always the blonds who cut their own hair!! :)
My first thought is, "She's a firecracker!". But if she's lighting her own fuse, all I can say is GOOD LUCK MOM!!!
Post a Comment