Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great Christmas here in our home. I didn't many pictures, why do I always do that?

For Christmas eve we ate some dinner and then did a short Family Home Evening program with reading the Christmas story. Afterward we let the kids open a present. They all opened some polar bear jammies. Even Shad and I got to open some.



Why is Dash wearing two sets of jammies in the picture below? Well because when it got cold at night here we didn't have any warm sleeper jammies that fit him, so I pulled his Christmas jammies out that I already had. He's been wearing them for three months. When it was time to start wrapping the gifts, I just pulled his out of his drawer and put some pretty paper around them. I think he noticed. He didn't want anything to do with the ones he opened he wanted the pair I had. I assume because they are the same color as the girls'. He brought them to me and in his baby language told me to put them on him. So I did, and he was content. I slyly slid them off him when it was time for cookies and hot chocolate. I thought it was so cute and funny.

Christmas morning we got up and tore into the presents under the tree. The kids had fun and we enjoyed watching them. Shad served as toy operator. He broke the toys free from their box prisons and gave them batteries.

We then got ready for the day and went over to a friend's house for Christmas brunch. by the time we got home it was too late to start the Turkey for dinner, so the dinner plan went out the window until the next day. We had Totino's pizza instead.

All-in-all it was a good day. Great to be with each other and enjoy our little family. A day we thought of Christ and why his birth means so much to us. I do hope to do better next year at making this time of year more peaceful and special. I guess that goes on my list of resolutions.



3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Did you and Shad wear lavendar polar bears too?

Kade and Emily said...

I'm so bad a taking pictures, too. I didn't even get one of the girls in their pjs. Poor Cora will never have the same life documentation as Maryn did.

wyochatfields said...

How come you and shad aren't in the picture, that would make Kiley feel better.