Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snow Day



We got 18.5 inches in two days of snow. The other crazy weather thing was the wind. Fairbanks doesn't get much wind up here, but we were getting 20 mph gusts. It made the thought of going outside very unpleasant.

Luckily Ella and Shad already had the day off, so no one had to go anywhere yesterday. We stayed inside and kept ourselves busy. For lunch we made pizza. It was a really nice and fun day.



But when Shad went to leave this morning, there was so much snow in our driveway his truck got high-centered. After a few minutes of watching him work to get it out, I went out to see if I could help. It took a lot of digging out all the packed snow out from underneath his truck. We finally got it. We'll see if I find ambition to go dig out a pathway for my van.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh.my.snow. That is a lot. I love Shad's shirt. And see you in 3 days!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That's insane. How is it so far really? Are you disliking it as much as you thought you would? Did you find out if you flight benefits?

Kade and Emily said...

Golly, that's a lot of snow!
Just for the record: A few weeks ago, we had close to record lows. Colder than alaska, they told us. They even cancelled school. I went out at midday, and my car read -1 degree. That was the high for the day.

wyochatfields said...

Think Spring, that is what keeps me going this time of year.