Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Roundy Visitors and Traveling




Kade and Emily, and Maryn, Ailee, and Cora came for a visit. Unfortunately for them the weather was cold and wet almost the whole time they were here. We stayed inside a lot before we left to see what Southern Alaska has to offer.

We did enjoy a double rainbow from all that rain.


Breaking out playdough happens when Allison doesn't want to go crazy anymore from all the crazy that comes with certain little persons.


On Monday the 4th of July we went to Denali. Mt. McKinley did not make an appearance, though one moose did and a few squirrels. We went hiking and enjoyed the beauty of Denali National Park.

I remembered everything to bring, except the kid backpacks we borrowed from a friend. We hauled Dash the whole way, he's not an easy kid to carry. Amaya was a good hiker at times, but when we wanted to go fast we carried her too. I was tired after that. Both Dash and Amaya wanted me to carry them, but Shad didn't want me to have to carry anyone. Let's just say next time I won't forget the kid carriers.

Amaya is being a little stinker and "doesn't want her picture taken".
my view.

At horseshoe lake trying to get the fish to come to the surface. Kade taught them to spit in the water, thanks, Kade.

Again a little stinker.

No one wanted their picture taken with Daddy this day.

I guess Kade didn't mind though.


After hiking, Emily, the 4 younger kids and I went on to Wasilla for the night. It was so I could get in some shopping before we had to be in Seward for our reservations, and we didn't have to tack on another 5 hours to the driving time with the little ones. Shad had to work the morning of the 5th, so he, Kade, Ella and Maryn all came back to our house until Shad could take his leave. They met us in Anchorage the next day.

While in Anchorage I got to see Heidi. It was so great to see her. She is still the petitest person I know and I still love her. We spent hours just talking at a Kincaid park, letting the kids play and take a break from all the driving. We got too much sun and didn't do anything. It was great. The only un-great part about it was I never got my picture with her and all our kids.


Marley and Amaya are only 5 days apart.
And Dash and Jake are only 5 weeks apart.
Heidi just needs to adopt a girl that's around 8 and we'll be even.


Pretty little Cora with her pretty little mama Emily.
Dash got SOOOO dirty, though I think Amaya was even dirtier.

It was hard to peel myself away from Heidi. We are planning to see each other again before she goes back to the land of sunshine.

I'm going to save Seward for another post. Let's just say I would want to take EVERY one of you down there to see the sights.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, why didn't we get a picture together?? It was SO good to see you. ;)

Kade and Emily said...

You, know I kept meaning to ask you if you wanted a picture together. Sorry.
Thanks for letting us come. It was a GREAT vacation...I highly recommend it to any of you contemplating a visit! Nice job getting your post up so quickly. I did get all my pictures edited, I just need to get on it. I think we left just in time. Ailee came down with the stomach flu on Monday, and I have a terrible sinus infection. Goooood times here at our house. PS-we made it home with a little pink Old Navy hat of yours. Ooops. I blame Cora. Do you want me to send it to you?

Kari said...

Oh it looks like you guys had so much fun! I have been wodering why you are all of the sudden MIA! If you aren't busy in the next few weeks, we have got to get together before I move!!