The boy who doesn't listen.
Mom of the Year (tongue in cheek).
Did you want to keep that eye?
Who doesn't like a purse full of water?
Trick, no Treat.
So today at the store, I ran into a friend. While I was talking to that friend, Dash was running around like a maniac.
Me: "Dashle, come back"; "Dash, no no."; "Dash, don't touch"; "Dashle, Come HERE".
The last time I turned around I saw Dash holding his eye and starting to freak out a bit. You see, my boy can't resist a spray bottle. He has to squirt them and push them over and over. Well this time it was aimed straight for his eye. We were in the car care part of the store, so I have no idea if it was rim cleaner, spray wax, or some kind of oil. I knew I needed to wash it out though.
I said goodbye to my friend, picked up my purse and boy and called for Amaya to follow me. We rushed to the bathroom and I laid him down on the counter with his head over the sink under the faucet. My purse landed in the next sink over. I did my best to give the eye a good washing. It took me a moment to hear water running when the sink I was using wasn't on. My purse was enough to turn the automatic faucet on and was being filled up with water. I had about two inches floating in the bottom.
It looks as though Dashle's eye is going to be fine, no Emergency Room needed. My purse on the other hand is going to find a new home in the dumpster. I needed a good excuse to get a new one anyway.
4 comments:
Ahh... good times that little boys bring! Have fun with that!
Oh this story was awesome! Sorry it had to happen to you. Target.com has a coupon for $5 off a purse of $19.99 or more. There aren't too many to choose from right now but maybe by the time you get there. :)
Personally I liked the Title "Did you want to keep that eye!" Sounds like you had an eventful afternoon, but at least you will be getting a new purse out of it.
Ah, the joys of motherhood.
Post a Comment