Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween Weekend


-We started off the Halloween festivities on Friday with a neighborhood kid party. They did doughnuts on string, pennies in the pumpkin, and Trick or Treat Balloon Shoot. I hope the kids had fun, I think they did. Dash was starting to get pretty sick on this day and didn't really participate. I probably shouldn't have taken him.

Nothing against Brett, but I was really trying to get that really cute little girl behind him.


-Saturday we went to a trick or treat party at the church. Dash was really sick at this point, so Shad stayed home with him. My theme for Halloween this year wasn't going to work out. So instead of Shad as the hunter I dressed up this night as that.

My hunting trip was successful. I caught a Caribou and a Moose

-On Sunday we carved our Jack o'Lanterns and soaked the pumpkin seeds for roasting.

Shad working on his masterpiece.

Ella actually enjoyed scooping out the slime.

-Monday was finally here. Dash was feeling better, but still very not himself. He refused to dress in his black bear outfit and we decided to give up the good fight. We put him in his jammies and he handed out candy with me. Shad took the girls trick or treating.

Our sick and very unhappy boy.

I kinda love that Ella's antler kept falling to the side.
Shad aiming at his prey. Ella practicing her deer in headlights look.

-A good time was had by all, and I'm so glad it's over. I can't believe the expense that goes into Halloween. Between the cost of the costumes (even homemade ones) and the candy and the pumpkins, I feel broke.

3 comments:

wyochatfields said...

I love that you and Shad also dressed up, even thought it was the same costume. Maybe Dash will be able to wear his bear costume next year.

Kade and Emily said...

What a fun idea. Sorry Dash was sick. I hope he's better.

I agree...Halloween costumes (even when homemade) cost too much.

Maryn asked if she could be a ghost next year. I happily agreed.

Roundy Clan said...

Cute costume ideas! I love it