She finally did it. She turned 10. Did that take forever to anyone else? Or was it just Ella that felt that way? I think it was Ella, because I can't believe I've been a parent for a decade now. She told me the other day that she feels the same as she did when she was 9. I didn't tell her that I feel the same I did when I was 22, just a little wiser.
Ella is going to have a friend party (when I get around to scheduling it). But we did her special day up Family Style.
We had a spaghetti dinner and then some nutella ganache filled chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Then we opened some presents.
Shad's job was to get the candles. In Shad style, he picked up the re-lighting kind.
Which Ella found AWESOME!
She kept trying to get them all out at once, but it wasn't working.
Ok, enough of that.
She looks just like she did when she was two, just a little older.
One of Ella's presents is to get her ears pierced, but since we can't do that until Saturday I had Amaya draw a picture of Ella with earrings in. Amaya went above and beyond what I was picturing a picture would be and did a life-sized Ella. It was awesome.
Oh and she got the other thing she wanted.....rollerblades. Now Shad is thinking he needs a pair too.
I am so happy to be this girl's mother. She makes me proud everyday.
Happy 10th Birthday, Ella-Bug.

2 comments:
I can't believe I forgot. I can't believe my 10 year old forgot. Oh she is going to be heartbroken. Happy Birthday to Ella. I can still picture her cute little 2.5 year old self. I miss you guys.
Happy Birthday Ella, Ten that mean one more year of elementary and Junior High is right around the corner.
Post a Comment