Thursday, June 27, 2013

JUNE, some of it anyway

I got to go to Denali National Park on an overnight girls' weekend. We just hiked Mt Healy, nothing special.  Okay maybe with was kind of awesome that we went on an 8-mile hike next to the tallest peak in North America surrounded by 6 million acres of National Forrest.
 The view we soaked in at the top.
 Dipping our toes in the run-off.  That's a wall of ice behind these girls.

Some of what our summer has consisted of thus far:
 Waiting for Ella at piano lessons, by "diving".
  Planting flowers at the church. We replaced these with wild irisis.
 Smooching this boy.
 Fighting and losing to Mosquitos, Alaska's state bird.

Getting tired from traveling. 


But not too tired to hike Exit Glacier


Okay, tired again and getting a ride on Daddy's shoulders.

 Fishing off the coast of Alaska and swearing off all boats forever and ever. I've been afraid to talk about my water skiing boat.  I hope he hasn't sworn that one off.


 Buying awesome T-shirts at awesome stores like Target. I gotta say going here on such a short trip didn't curb my craving I gotta have more. I need to go back and soon.  I miss Target.

And more diving outside piano lessons.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I miss you guys. I need to know about the sworn off boats things. 45 minutes here and there is not enough Allison. Pretty much just move by me.