I have been talking about doing the Midnight Sun Run which is a 10K for a long time now. I had a little part of me on the inside that thought I would pull out at the last minute. But I had another voice that said I would always regret it if I did. When Mariam suggested we run something while she was up here, I knew it would keep me committed. Not committed to training for it though. I wussed out on that one. Before this night, I had only run 4 miles. This was going to be 6.2 miles, yikes.
To get an idea of how big this night is to Fairbanksians and visitors alike, check out the number on McKade's bib. We signed him up at the race and he was number 3,894. That's a lot of people.
Here is a picture of everyone lined up. It was a sea of people. This was taken at approximately 9:50 pm. Look how light it still is. I love the sunlight in the summer.
So up until this night I hadn't run more than 4 miles. I think we walked 2-3 times, but not totaling more than 1 mile. I am super proud of myself for what I accomplished and I am looking forward to doing it again. Bring it on.
YOU-ARE-WELCOME.
Here we are after hydrating and getting our breath back showing you what time it is.
11:18 pm.
I wanted to add this last picture because I think Mariam looks so great in it. How does she run a 10K and look like that afterward? I loved having her here with me. It will be a great memory to keep forever.
Here is Shad and me back at home. It is 12 am exactly in this picture. Truly a midnight sun.
Midnight Sun Run?
Been there, Done that, Bought that T-shirt.

4 comments:
You are so awesome. Own it. Print all those pictures.
Congrats!! How fun! It makes me miss that wonderful midnight sun!
I love it! That looks like such an awesome run! And what great memories!
I am finally catching up on blogs. That was a fun time!!!
Post a Comment