Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Eleven, 11!

Well it happened.  My oldest turned eleven.  How in the world did we get here already?



Me: I can't believe you're eleven already.
Ella: I know.  I feel so old, but so short.


I tried kissing her as she left for school and she ran out before I could.  I told her to get back here or else.  She debated if that was a good enough threat.  I added, "I'll keep one of your presents." There it was, a good enough threat to come back and let me kiss the top of her head goodbye.

Ella took doughnuts into her class.  They were testing this week and I think the treat was really well received.  Just a little fact, she took doughnuts to her class in Kindergarten too. Seems like a nice full circle that she did it again at the end of her elementary career too.

After school we opened her presents and ate some dinner and had some pie.  Yes, pie.  Pumpkin Pie to be precise.  It's what she asked for.  So in April, I had my kitchen smelling like Thanksgiving.
Her requested dinner was chicken legs, potatoes, and gravy.  






Amaya loves to put together presents for people, every birthday and holiday she loves to give something, it's a great trait.  She put together a present for Ella and I whispered in Ella's ear that she should make Amaya feel special by loving what was inside.  Ella did a great job.




Another surprise for Ella, Allie had dropped a giant cookie off for her and Ella was dying to know who it was from.  Just so you know your friends are nothing compared to mine.  I always have the best friends.




Birthday Pumpkin Pie!





Man oh man, I love this kid.  She makes parenting seem easy.  My heart hurts for her when she has to do things she doesn't want to do, like move from Alaska. Because she is so good and tries so hard she deserves everything she wants in life. I am one blessed lady to get to be her mother.  I think that all the time.  I need to tell her more often how great she is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have an 11 year old! Amaya and Marley are so alike - funny. Marley is a gift giver as well. I love that about her.

Rebecca said...

I don't tell my kids enough either. Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to see Ella again. We kinda like her too.