We came, we saw, we did, we loved, and now we will depart in sadness.
Shad and I made a list of all the things we did that are unique or pretty close to unique in Alaska.
These are in no particular order.
Some of them Shad did, Some of them I did, some of them the kids did, and some of them we did all together.
Most of these have already been documented on the blog, but it is fun to see them put together like this.
1. Saw Santa Clause at the Santa Clause House in North Pole, Alaska ON Christmas Eve. (seriously, who gets to do that?)
2. Hunted Dall Sheep in the Brooks Range.
3. Hunted Black Bear on the Yukon River
4. Hunted for moose and caribou
5. Saw Mount McKinley the tallest peak in North America
6. Stood on a Glacier. --Exit Glacier--
7. Fished for and caught
Wild Alaskan Salmon in the Prince William Sound
8. Caught rockfish, and sea bass out of Resurrection Bay
9. Watched Whales, Seals, Orcas, and Puffins off the Coast of Alaska
10. Drove to Deadhorse, Alaska
11. Rode on a dogsled
12. Rode 4-wheelers and ATV through the rugged Alaskan wilderness
13. Boated up the Yukon River
14. Hiked in Denali National Park
15. Climbed Mt Healy
16. Rode the Riverboat Discovery on the Chena River
17. Floated down the Chena River in canoes
18. Boated on the Tanana River
19. Played at an actual ice park. A park made completely of ice. How nuts is that?
20. Panned for Gold
21. Saw the World Ice Art Championship carvings.
22. Experienced the Northern Lights
23. Experienced the Northern Lights while sitting in a natural Hot Spring
24. Played in the Midnight Sun
25. Ran an UltraMarathon that was 40 miles of terrain ranked 9th in the world
26. Cross Country Skied at Birch Hill
27. Drove the Alaskan-Cananda Highway
28. Watched, heard, and experienced a Glacier Calve
29. Watched a wild black bear catch fish out of a stream
30. Counted waterfalls on the Seward Highway
31. Ate fish and chips in Valdez, AK
32. Been to the Arctic Circle
33. Harvested wild blueberries, raspberries, cranberries and rose hips
34. Ran in the Midnight Sun Run. A 10K that starts at 10:30 pm and in full sunshine.
2 comments:
I don't know how you could call this a mis-adventure. Perhaps you should change the title of your blog?
Dad
I agree with your dad. Nothing short of an amazing adventure. I would like to do a few of those myself. I am glad that you ending up loving it up there. I am however even more glad that you are leaving. Sorry.
Post a Comment