Saturday, November 1, 2014

Summer 2014 Beginning

After going to Anchorage to say good-byes, I went to the Alaska State Girls' Camp.  Every LDS young woman from the state of Alaska met in Palmer, Alaska for an encampment.  We focused on Becoming One through Desire, Covenant, and Remember.  It was such a wonderfully spiritual, tiring, divine experience.  One that I will never forget and will alway be so blessed to have been apart of it. I even got to teach a class on Testimony and growing from tiny seeds to forest trees.
Not everyone would think it's a bragging point to say I did the 8-mile walk/hike, but I do.  And I did it 6 months pregnant.  Go me.

The Monday after I got back from that week long camp our movers came to pack us up.
It was so strange to see this wonderful house so empty.  So many memories were made and grown here.  I am getting a little teary-eyed just typing about it.  Our family grew to love Alaska like no other place we have lived (although Shad and I would say something similar about everywhere we have lived).
Shad and Ella making some fun between all the boredom that comes with all your belongings being inside boxes.


 I think Alaska was sad we left too.  It rained on us those last couple of days.


The tender mercy from such a sad time was that we were headed to Utah to see family and friends and be in warm weather and family time.

Dash took a few selfies with my phone this summer.  I had to clean it out a multiple of times.

 Amaya had trees to climb, she was in heaven at Grandma's place.
The joys of eating frozen flavored ice in a small town cannot be beat.

 I had lunch with Heidi.  I love to see her, I only wish it was more often than every 5 years or so.

Lasting friendships are always so obvious by the small and big acts of service that are performed.
Allie was headed from Nevada to Reno and took a 4 hour detour to come and visit us.  

Our kids had to say good-bye to each other all over again, but I think this little visit gave proof that we are life long friends.

 COUSINS!  Cousins are one of the things that make Cedar so much fun.

Shad paid for all that wanted to get their face painted at the renaissance festival, or was this the music festival or was it the July Jamboree.  Who knew that Cedar has so many festivities these days?  I guess that's why they call it the Festival City.


Seriously, Grandma's tree provided hours of entertainment.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can understand why you'd be sad to leave somewhere, but let me just say again how glad I am that you did. Your house looks so cute though and that makes me sad that I never saw it. Yay for youth conference, packers, friends, and cousins. And did Shad make you kiss him with his face paint on? You know since he was from KISS. I know, I am hilarious.