The Chatfield side has a family reunion every other year, and we take turns planning it. My year fell on a really busy summer for us. Luckily we all pitch in we equal effort and the planner just gets most of the say on how everything goes down.
Lindsay had the wonderful idea of renting a cabin at Brian Head, so I found one. It was the best idea. We had enough space for everyone to be in one room and be amongst each other. I thought it would be fun to have a talent show and a relay race. From there, we just threw the rest together.
Mariam planned the relay for me and came up with the idea for the T-shirts which turned out awesome. We are all still wearing ours. Not many family reunion t-shirts are still worn after the event, but these ones are in this family.
So here are some of the photos from the fun days in a random order: (Note: there isn't any Ella to be seen because she was overtaken by a severe case of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease, Poor kid missed a lot of fun)
It isn't a Chatfield get together without Granddad's guitar and voice.
Madalyn, Sydney and Tess enjoying some home grown talents.
Dash, Ty, and Tess waiting for their leg of the relay race.
Grandma looking for the next runners.
Mother and Daughter pitted racing against each other.
Cameron and his longtime talent of juggling fruit and taking bites of them too as they go around.
The arrival of the prodigal father, son and brother. Kiley almost did't come this year because he is building their next home.
Amaya's talent was a plank competition. The little girl can really hold her body up for a long time.
Shad with Gwen in the background watching more of the talented group.
Grandma and Malayna graced us with a flute duet.
Dash came up with his own talent of "hooting" a tune. It was pretty much awesome and I am in now an overly biased mother.
Look, a picture of me helping in the cabin's kitchen for one of the meals.
Sydney, Mariam and Cameron sampling food before it was time to eat (that's what I'm guessing is going on here).
Kiley showing these boys how to really play pool.
Uncle Mackay once again, had entertainment up both of his sleeves. This was the Sour Cry Baby competition.
I think Micah is pulling a face here.
Getting a picture of this group is no small feat.
Balloon animals.
Relay madness.
I don't think these two are really running.
Lindsay and Gwen cuteness.
This year marked my parents 40th wedding anniversary. We celebrated them with a slide show that Lindsay put together to some music from the Beatles. We honored them with words of appreciation for what they taught us either deliberately or by example. They are amazing people of whom I feel so privileged to call Mom and Dad.





















1 comment:
These are great! You took so many pictures of stuff to be remembered. I love the hooting one, the Shad as an onlooker one, the Gaston juggling one, the whole family together one, and I am a little biased on the one of you in the kitchen.
Post a Comment