Our January this year started with a great event. Amaya turned 8 and chose to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Let's begin this post with her actual birthday. It was a school day. So after Shad got home and we were able to celebrate her birthday as a family we sang to her and ice cream sundaes for the treat.
We are so very happy to be this little girl's parents. She is delightfully creative, funny, kind, nature-loving, helpful, considerate, thoughtful, spiritual, and on top of all that beautiful.
The next week we had a party at a bouncy house on Friday night. Our great friends and cousins the Newcomers arrived just in time to help us really celebrate the night. Amaya invited a few friends from school and church to join us too.
I couldn't pass up on the fun.
Amaya with in order from left to right, Gabi (from school), Victoria (from school and church), and Andrew (neighbor).
Leonna testing out this throne idea.
Amaya center of attention for the weekend.
That night Rebecca and I went to the airport and picked up Grandma and Granddad.
The next morning, Amaya was baptized by her Dad into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I was so happy when she climbed the stairs out of the baptismal font I got all teared up. I enjoy being a mother to this little girl and all the good she encompasses in such a small body.

1 comment:
Thanks for having us. Being able to celebrate her baptism with you reminds me of the babies we had together and how special they both are. That was a beautiful spring.
Post a Comment