I really wanted to take my kids to Atlanta and visit the Zoo and Aquarium there. I asked my friend Shiloh if she wanted to go and we made it an overnight adventure.
We started at the zoo, man, there were a lot of people there. There are so many fun things at the Atlanta zoo. My favorites were all the babies they had in different exhibits.
This baby orangutan was being quite the daredevil hanging upside down. If you look really close at the top left of the picture you can see his mom was holding the rope, so it wouldn't swing too much and he could hold on more easily. It was so sweet and cute.
The panda exhibit is really neat too. Atlanta zoo has been quite successful at helping the pandas breed and bring more pandas into the world. Which with how cute they are, I think is a great thing.
Kangaroo Aspen and Kangaroo Amaya.
Jack was there too.
After the zoo we went to check into the hotel and try to find a place to swim. With no luck we ended up playing tag in Piedmont park. After exhausting ourselves and getting a good dose of insecticide (we didn't see that the grass we were playing on had just been sprayed), we went to find dinner and wait for it to get dark to go on the Ferris Wheel.
A quick stop before dinner to get some more energy out.
We ate at Johnny Rockets and then walked over to the Ferris Wheel.
Moab, Amaya, Ella, Dash, and Aspen are pretty excited tourists and pretty entertaining people to hang out with.
The next morning we had an early wake up call to the Aquarium. We saw the dolphin show, which was corny and quirky, but the animals were impressive. Jack cried through the whole thing, he was pretty scared at how loud it was. It made me exhausted trying to soothe him.
When we were done there, we crossed the street for some Subway lunch and then back over to Coke World. Which is just a place made up for you to pay to watch an advertisement, try different sodas from all over the world (some are very nasty), and then receive a really expensive souviner bottle.
The kids LOVED it!
My kids are no strangers to soda, but I don't let them drink just any sodas. I try to make sure they get just caffiene free stuff, so when I told them they could try any and all of the sodas they were pretty excited.
Dash trying Mountain Dew (daddy's drink).
Amaya has always loved Diet Coke. This can looks just the right size.
1 comment:
I wanted to do Atlanta with you. I am still taking my kids one day. I remember loving Coke World as a kid too. Yours will always remember going.
Post a Comment