Ella's birthday fell on Easter weekend this year. I wanted to get out of town and down to the beach, so we did. Since we weren't going to be home to sing her a Happy Birthday, I made her German Pancakes for breakfast and we sang to her then.
After Shad got off work, we hurried down to the beach.
And didn't waste anytime getting out to the water. It was beautiful outstide and we played and played until we got hungry.
We wanted to find a restaurant that Ella could order some shrimp. It's one of her favorite foods. After some doing, becuase it was spring break and dinner time we had a hard time finding a place without an hour long wait to get a table. We found a little diner that was perfect. We ordered fish and shrimp and cheesecake.
The next day called for rain, so Shad took the kids out swimming nice and early to get in some pool time. I hung out with the bubbers in the hotel room, so he could get a nap in.
For lunch we went to a place called the Back Porch that was right on the water and we listened to the sounds of the waves and soaked in the views while we ate.
After lunch we headed to Ft. Walton Beach's Annual Kite Flying Festival. It was turning out to be pretty rainy and windy and cold.
The girls and I walked back to the hotel.
We stayed one more night and went home the next morning. I was bummed that the weather wasn't warmer, but I really enjoyed our time at the beach. I always do. We took one more walk along the beach before the drive back home.
1 comment:
I love the beach and birthdays. I love little boys hiking their shorts up and Dads who step in and do the things I don't want to do. I love shrimp and I love Ella. Happy Birthday, Ella!
Post a Comment