So my friends Heidi and Emily got me started on this whole blog thing. Jessie first tried and I didn't listen, sorry Jess. Heidi and Emily teamed up on me. So I got started and kind of had a little fun. I tell my friend Rebecca she needs to start one, after a couple of mentions of blogs, she gets going and sprints past me with ease. She's creative and funny and entertaining. Okay I can handle it. Then I call my friend Lindsay chicken, she's up for the challege. She just started, and what do you know I love reading her blog, I laugh out loud.
I feel I should just tell everyone to stay tuned... I'll go take a creative writing course and get back with you. I think I used to be very clever, but now I can never think of what I am trying to say and to put it in an entertaining and clever manner seems to be impossible. I guess the problem could be that I am surrounded by fun and entertaining people, so I don't have to be? Have you seen my sister-in-law Emily's (Emily and Kade, link to the right) tour of her home. I giggled the whole way through.
I am not asking for you all to dumb yours' down to soothe my ego. I love your blogs just the way you do them, keep them up. Just wishing I could run in your league.
7 comments:
Are you kidding?
I am constantly checking your blog just to see if Ella has said anything new lately not to mention the other funny things that happen in your life. DON'T STOP!!
With kids there's always material to write about. You should read my journals. I think this will take its' place now so I have fodder for blackmail. Being "published" has got to be a much worse threat than having posterity laugh at you. Besides, you have way more pictures on yours. I'm the big loser with what, 3? Oh, but I did hear from Jen and I'm working on getting her in on this. She just moved to OR.
You are too funny! You always have clever posts. I love the ones where you talk about the things you love. I am trying to do that more rather than just talk about the things that we do.
Al, you're talkin' crazy talk! I love looking at your blog. It makes me happy. And you are so good at updating it constantly. The only reason I try to make mine funny sometimes is because my life is actually VERY boring, and I need something to do. I love hearing the latest funny Ella has said. In fact, I might have kinda copied it on my blog.
-em
ps...late at night is a great time to write blogs. Things are much funnier when you are tired. I think I finished the tour of my hosue at like 1:00 am. I was giggling a lot. I'm such a dork.
Looks like I am your only honest friend. Your blog is dull and boring and definately needs some help. I think you should be so thankful that you have a friend as frank as me who you get to see with such frequency. Otherwise, your head would explode! (and eventhough you suck, I love reading your blog too.)
You know I love you.
Allison--
It was great to find your blog. Who cares how cute or uncute it is, or how verbose you are or are not. Just write girl, and you'll be glad you have memories--I have years undocumented which I regret immensely. Ella is darling! School is the start of craziness. They grow up too fast. Enjoy every moment.(except when they are whiny, grumpy, or downright unbearable. . . )
Post a Comment