Friday, September 21, 2007

BORING!!

I have nothing to post about, my life has been completely boring lately. Shad was out of town for a bout a week, he just got back last Friday. He went to a training course in San Antonio. He came back in the best mood. He wasn't yelled at, or beaten down for something little and dumb. He was energetic and exicited to be with his family. It was wonderful, I haven't seen him that upbeat in a while. He works such long hours and isn't treated well all of the time. It made me really look forward to the day that he isn't being "trained".



Ella is doing well in school she really enjoys it. She isn't good at telling me what she does during the day. I have tried to ask in every way possible, such as: What was your favorite part, did you sing any songs, did you play on the playground, did you talk to anyone, did you play with puzzles or color? The answer almost always the same "I dunno". I always find out later, she will be singing a song or she'll come out with "Blue and Red make Purple". I have to put my hands hear so my neck doesn't get cut" (they covered what to do if there was a tornado). The hours are my only complaint she goes from 7:30-2:20, too long for a 4 year old.



Amaya (or should I call her Ally?) is into everything. I like it and hate it at the same time. I like that she keeps herself busy and is curious about what things do and what can she find next, but I don't like the clean up. We have had three bad nights of sleep around here. She has been getting up at 5:10 lately, at night she will go to sleep and then wake after just 1 1/2 hours screaming, the other night she awoke every 3-4 hours crying just wanting to be held for a few minutes to settle down and then she would go back to sleep. All I have to say it there better be some teeth to show for these awful moments. I just wish I had a parent coach over my shoulder that knew my beliefs, values, and structure telling me what to do every moment. I am very good at following directions, I hate the whole idea that what I am doing is not the best way to go about the situation.

I think for the most part this post sounds depressed, just to let you know I am not really. I am just down about some of the things in my life that I don't know how to change and the ones that I haven't put a full effort into changing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

let's have a girls day/night out. we'll leave the kids home with the guys. i'll volunteer my house since it will be a disaster for a few weeks anyway. whaddya say? spa time, shopping, movie, dinner, bar-hopping, you name it!

Megan said...

Allison you are GREAT!!

Megan said...

Oops, I hit publish too soon. I wasn't finished! I hope you have a better day today and that Amaya sleeps better for you.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Allison,
i found your blog today though Holly, it's really cool to see what you have been up to... Congrats on the new kiddo!
Melissa Mortenson

Holly said...

isn't it crazy that once they go to school you know so little about their life. I always ask, "how was school today.?" Fine. "Did you do anything fun?" No. "Did you learn anything new?" No.

Then of the blue, and usually at a moment where I am busy, they start shooting out comments, and I have to remind myself to stop and listen, because this may be the only time I will get any information.

The tornado thing was hilarious. I would have been freaking if Capri started talking about her neck being cut.

And hang in there with Amaya. None of us have a clue what is going on with our children most of the time, but we do become great at guessing!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! You completely described my same frustrations with Echo after school. I get the exact same answers: "I dont know." And I ask her a ton of questions. I really expected her to come home and say "We colored, then we had circle time, then we learned about the letter A, etc."
Why is her preschool so long? Echo only goes for 2 1/2 hours twice a week.

Unknown said...

Hey Al! That's funny that Ella doesn't tell you what they do in school...probably typical but doesn't she know that we want to know EVERYTHING! :) Marley is doing the same thing...every morning a little earlier. Thursday she got up at 4:30 AM FOR THE DAY! What a nightmare. I'm permanently tired. You think you get the sleeping thing down and then something happens and it's like training all over again.

Allison said...

I knew I wasn't alone, thanks for the encouragement

Kade and Emily said...

Al, we all have hard days. Sometimes when I feel at my lowest, I sneak into Maryn's room at night when she's sound asleep. That's when she's the sweetest and doesn't yell at me. I climb in bed and snuggle until I get my snuggle quota. It makes me remember why I do this everyday. I too get only canned answers when I ask about something. Of course she's only two, but still they are canned. Me: "What did you learn about in Nursery?" Maryn: "Jesus, snack, toys." Me: "Did you sleep well last night? what did you dream about?" Maryn: "Jesus." (she came up with that one all on her own, and she says it everytime.)
K, this comment got really long. sorry.

Rebecca said...

Lame as this is, I keep looking thinking one of these times, it will be different. I know it was just Friday but I am so bored and nobody is updating.

Andrea said...

ok, as a remedy for every frusterated mother a prescribe this blog; letters2thevoid.blogspot.com
A friend recommended it and I thought it was funny. it is just a bunch of random letters that a mother writes about anything going on in her life at the moment. Perfect for when you just need something to boost your mood.

So are you changing Amaya's name, or is that still up in the air? I never did find out your final verdict.

Jessie said...

Oh Allison, I know exactly where you are coming from. Don't fret tomorrow is a new day and it can only get better right!