I have yet again been gently told that it's been a while since I posted. I am lazy today so I won't be doing any pictures. Today was our Relief Society's Lunch Bunch, the theme was Spooky Food. A very fun theme if you ask me (I was involved in the suggestion of that theme). I made a very simple and fun pasta dish called Bats and Cobwebs. The bats are the bow-tie pasta and the cobwebs are from the stringy effect of the cheese. Here's my recipe (or should I say Martha's):
1/2 lb bowtie pasta (I low on bowties today, so I broke up spaghetti into thirds and called them worms)
1 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 (28 oz) can whole tomatoes
1/4 tsp. oregano (suggest adding more)
1/8 tsp. sugar (suggest adding more)
salt
6-8 oz precooked chicken sausage (turkey works too) cut into 1/4 in slices.
8 oz mozzerella cheese cut into small cubes
1/4 parmesan cheese
-Cook pasta al dente
-Heat oil in skillet and add garlic cook until fragrant about 1 min
-Add tomatoes, oregano, and sugar breaking up tomatoes bring to a simmer and cook 5-8 min until slightly thickens, season with salt
- Toss pasta, 1/2 mozzerella, and sauce
-Put in casserole dish and top with remainder cheeses
-Bake at 400 15-20 mins until lightly browned and bubbly
Enjoy on your favorite spooky night.
-
4 comments:
thanks.
It has been a while since you posted anything...slacker! :) Hey, I have a question...can you use just chicken or does it have to be chicken sausage (which I have never used/seen before)? Would the flavor work?
I don't know, the chicken sausage is near the hot dogs and looks like really long hot dogs or is a tear drop shape, I used turkey cause I couldn't find the chicken. It tastes really good and is only about $3 for a 14 oz package. I would try the sausage for this one, it's the only time I buy sausage.
Thanks for the recipe. I'm glad you posted this one. Might be a good dinner for Halloween!
Post a Comment