felt so inadequate for my answers to some of these questions, and how ashamed of myself I am for letting this last year slip by me. I got this questionairre from a blog that I love to read, Pink Kristi. She filled it out and felt awesome about her answers. I was jealous.
Then Church on Sunday happened. I was feeling really down on myself and knew I had an overwhelming load of things in my life I wanted to fix, make better, change and stop. We had fast and testimony meeting and someone had said that we need to examine our own lives and not be jealous of others and what they have, do and accomplish, to only worry about ourselves. The other thing was that instead of trying to change everything, focus on one thing a week and work on that for that week. This week I am focusing on trying to stay patient with Amaya, who is a very unhappy baby because of teeth and lets me know by screaming and tantrums.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Swam in the Atlantic Ocean, I know I was here for a year before 2007, but I only walked. This year I swam.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No I did not, yes I will. I always feel it is good for me to list what I need to improve as long as I don't beat myself up about it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Uh, yeah. I welcomed in order Marley, Amaya, Hollis, Logan, and Elena.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Will Power!
January 7 & May 10&12. You should know the first date and I will keep the other reasons to myself, sorry.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? I can't think of anything that I am excessively proud of except my family.
9. What was your biggest failure? I neglected,my home, my physical strength, my budget, and at times my kids
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, I think I was pretty healthy.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My kids' swing set.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ella's, her only-child status ended this year and she slid into her new role as big sister with ease and grace. I can't count how many times I said how lucky I am that she came to my home.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Hollywood's, do we really need to have some of these people represent our country?
14. Where did most of your money go? Spending money? Target (said sheepishly)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Babies

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I don't think I am happier or sadder, I am definitely thinner, having a baby will do that, and I think I am richer, yay pay raise.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Excercising, it keeps me feeling good about myself inside and out.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Watching TV
21. What was your favorite TV program? Psych or the Closer
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't think I really "hate" anyone, and I can't think of anyone that I dislike that I liked last year.
23. What was the best book you read? Um....Yeah, I am kind of ashamed at how little I read this year. A resolution: read a book at least every quarter!
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? Justin Timberlake.. I laugh as I type this, but it's true.

25. What did you want and get? An ottoman, I love to put my feet up.
26. What did you want and not get? my yard completely fenced in.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? I really liked Stranger than Fiction, I can't think of another so I guess that would be it.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 27 and my husband took me to dinner and then we went to rescue our babysitter from a crying baby.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A year of new discovery of the scriptures, I just didn't study and read.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I have actually learned to buy a few things full price it is sometimes worth it. I bought way too much wrist accessories.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I have actually learned to buy a few things full price it is sometimes worth it. I bought way too much wrist accessories.
31. What kept you sane? My wonderful husband who is also a wonderful father.
12 comments:
Thanks for helping me with my blogger name change. I love the questions,and especially the answers you gave. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Justin Timberlake, 'Love Stoned is right now my favorite song.
What a great list! Loved reading your answers!
here's to the best year ever and telling the "jones's" to eat your dust one week at a time!!
loving your fabulousness! (great word, eh?)
Yay for new years and new babies and old babies and shopping and going to the beach and having friends and brown eyes and wait where did that come from and Justin Timberlake.
Justin Timberlake? Hmm...I don't think I've even bothered to listen to any of his new stuff. I'll check it out. Al- You're way too hard on yourself--lOOK at all the stuff you did/experienced/accomplished this year. :) I know, there's always more you want to do....me included.
That was a great blog. Reading this stuff about you makes me realize how great a person you are. I'm glad we get to be sisters (in law).
ps...the lasagna turned out great!
Allison-
Ella is BEAUTIFUL!! She has grown, so sad! How is life in the omfs world for you guys? Much better for us. Not as busy with med school right now. I hope you don't mind me adding you to my blog link. Ours is thegladwells.blogspot.com Thanks for the cute Christmas card. Miss you! Jen
hey Allison- it's me again. I loved reading your answers. I think we are all too hard on ourselves and expect so much out of ourselves. I think we all need to relax a little or we will go completely crazy, at least me. I am so warn out! Again, your kids are soooo cute!!!
Hey Al! I agree with Heidi, you are way too hard on yourself. You are an amazing woman and always have been. :) What does the counter at the bottom of your blog page mean that says the days "until normal life begins"?
Allison had her computer crash...they are working on getting a new one...until then she may not have any new posts or the opportunity to respond to comments. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Roundy staff
Allison, you are so pretty! It was fun to read about all the amazing things you did last year. Can I just say that I love my ottoman, too? Weird how a piece of furniture can bring joy.
Sorry that your computer crashed. Here's to hoping it's better soon.
hey there allison! your blog is so cute and your girls are BEAUTIFUL! keep in touch, i miss you!
love ya, kristen
Post a Comment