Friday, January 4, 2008

I do exist!!!!

Hey Everyone. Sorry about dropping off the face of the Earth for a little while. We had a Roundy Bombardment. Shad's parents came in from Utah, his brother Kade and family came from Kentucky, and his sister Wendy & Co. came in from New Jersey. We had 16 people in our 1700 sq foot house. We all had a good time.



(to conserve sanity of adults in such a crowded house we went outside as much as possible)

Everyone raved about the Carolina weather. We went to Myrtle Beach for a night and enjoyed the fun to be had there.


(Nieca Ashlee is wondering why she is the only good sport to get her picture taken in the clam)

I think Santa got tired of stopping at every house so he just unloaded the rest of his sleigh here.



I had to get a picture of the mess from both angles.




Rebecca should be gasping right about now to see how messy my house can get when I let it.

(Papa Roundy and Ella between turns at bowling)

The in-laws came from a land of no Wiis, so they saw one here and bought it. This is the first gaming system that I have ever said we should get one. It was a a lot of fun, but I wasn't very good. Gene, Shad's dad, would get scores like 250 and was the first to win a Pro status. I got very similar scores to what I get at the actual bowling alley, low 100s. Ella even beat me with one score at 147. I think her trick is that she hops and skips and dances her way to a strike or spare.


I am looking forward to checking in on all my favorite blogs, so if you haven't updated you better hurry up and do it because here I come.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you're back. i've missed seeing regular updates from my favorite, sane people.

Anonymous said...

saw the ?? on my blog and forgot your email address so i have to answer here.

i think there's a 5K in hope mills or on fort bragg in may. thought i'd shoot to start with that one and move on from there. would love to do the army 10 miler and the marine marathon (?) as well. will depend on micah's deployment dates and ethan's visit to UT this summer.

why do you ask? are you in?

email me....wattslmt@aim.com

Ginger said...

oh my goodness look at that mess, it's shocking!!! But, I bet it was so much fun!! I'm glad to see that you are back on, now if Rebecca could only get back on board too.
Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Kade and Emily said...

wow, Al, how COULD you let your house get so messy??? That's what life would be like for you everyday if you had 16 children.
By the way, we had a blast...and in Al's defense, her house was NOT messy!

Jackie said...

It looks like you had a good time!! I'm glad you enjoyed the holidays!!!

Rebecca said...

You call that messy? Messes aren't supposed to be fun!