Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ice Skating

I know this is 6 days late, but oh well.  

We took Ella ice skating last Saturday.  She has been dreaming of going since she got a book about Barbie Pegasus (I think that's the one).  So I wanted to do something out of the ordinary for the Roundy family.  She got her skate--excitement still on her face.  She waited for Shad to get his on--anticipation mounting.  They go to the door step on the ice--she'd run if she could. 

WAIT...this is slippery, I COULD FALL.  I am sure this is what her mind was saying as she gripped Shad's coat.   


Okay, this might be alright.
After one turn on the ice with Shad supporting all of Ella's weight, I went and got a walker (shouldn't it be called a  skater?).  This was a little better, but still hard.  Ella went around a total of 3 times.  That's it.  

I wanted her to go more. I was going to take a turn on the skates. I was going to get better picture of her out there trying something new.  But in the end we decided to call it a day. Next time will be better.  Ella says she doesn't want to go again, but I am determined to not let her beginner's fear keep her from learning do to something fun.  Besides I envision her as a proficient in all different areas of her life.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like how Ella is clinging to Shad in that first picture! (And, I agree, it should be called a skater!)

Bringhursts said...

That is so funny that she's CLINGING to her dadddy. I know the feeling . . .

Bringhursts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bringhursts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kade and Emily said...

That's pretty funny. At least we wanted to TRY it! I haven't been ice skating in so long. We used to go all the time in high school. Then we went again when I was about 6/7 months pregnant. That was...awkward. If only I had known they had those walker things!

Unknown said...

I felt the same way when I ice skated for the first time :)

Jen said...

This is Mylee's dream. Ella looked so cute out there. Mike HATES ice skating. I LOVE it, so too bad we aren't closer and we could take the girls. Keep trying!

Ginger said...

Poor Ella she looks so scared. I remember Hannah and Bre's first time ice skating, when we were done I was thinking, "why did we do that?"