Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My list grows and grows


I have an ever-growing list of things that need to be done around here.  I don't want to do any of it.  I think I am getting the winter blues.  All I want to do is sit on the couch under a blanket, watch movies and eat something that someone else cooked.  Here is what my list consists of so far.  I keep thinking of more and more I can add each minute.

1.  Ella's Tub and shower--actually cleaned the rest of the bathroom while the girls were in the tub the other night
2.  Vacuum-- I have to do this one way too often.  Amaya always finds a crumb and puts in her mouth. Let's face it, that's just gross.
3.  Clean the windows inside and out--Been here 2 1/2 years, haven't ever done a good thorough job of this, it's time
4.  Organize the Hall closet--Games, coats, gloves, hats, scarves, puzzles, yoga mats, tent, vacuum all fighting for a place on the floor
5.  Organize Ella's closet--  She is growing...taller not wider, get rid of the high waters.
6.  Find the other key to the car--It's been missing for months now, not the first time it has gone missing, but the other times it has turned up by now.  Worth $250, need to find it.
7.  Find Binkis--It always feast or famine on these, right now there is a starvation occurring
8.  Grocery Shopping--used to enjoy this chore, I now hate it.  I don't know what has changed.
9.  My Bedroom--...My Mother Would be Ashamed
10.  Sweep and Mop--I have always hated this chore.  Shad used to do it for me when he was home more often.
11.  Computer Desk--don't know what to do really, mostly Shad's mess.
12. Car--inside and out...My Father might be ashamed.
13.  My Bathroom--I always put this one off way too long, I have to face it-it's time to clean it.



One that's not on the must do is make a return at Target.  I think this one will get top billing today so I can avoid the rest.

6 comments:

~jen said...

your list looks like mine...if I just changed a few names it would fit perfectly! =) I'm with you- I love to find other things to do to avoid my responsibilities. Movies and eating someone else's cooking sounds heavenly! I just wish I had a target to run to!! My bedroom is the graveyard for all things without a home...I may have to tackle it today!

Jessie said...

Wow me too! My least favorite part of the bathroom though is the toilet thanks to my wonderful 3 yr old Rawley who just can't seem to aim in the right direction. As for the missing key checked your heating ducts lately. That is where my missing Ipod was found. Still pining for Target to make it's appearance in Canada. Maybe my wish will come true and it will be built in tiny little Lethbridge. (Not likely) Looks like a trip to Montana is needed and quick.

Kade and Emily said...

Your list at least sounds important. I actually tackled a few of the things on my list yesterday. But mostly it was the dumb stuff...super-gluing the front back onto my drawer, WD-40ing my shower curtain rod (slides much better now, thanks), dusting (haven't done that since we moved in...), sewing a ripped seam, cleaning off the top of our dresser, ect. When did our lives become like this???

Rebecca said...

When you are done with your house, feel free to come do mine!

Julie Robinson said...

that makes me tired just reading through it!

Heather said...

Hilarious--esp. the insight about a trip to Target to avoid the work at home. I love to be home when I'm not buried. If I'm swamped, I want to leave and escape--but stuff at Target I don't really need, will probably return and then have more stuff to put away at home.

I'm not perfect at this--but flylady has helped me not get overwhelmed and my bathrooms are usually clean.