Friday, February 1, 2008

Not to Brag, but....

Ella's first "report card", I think they call it a progress report, came yesterday.  They score them this way:  M, most of the time; S, some of the time, N, needs practice; and a blank box means not at this time.

The catergories were Self Reliance, Social/Emotional Skills, Listening/Speaking Skills, Fine Motor Skills, Practical Skills, Work Habits, Reading Readiness, and Math Readiness.  Ella got all M's with the exception of two S's, one S was for tying her shoes, and the other was for can count to 20 meaningfully (I'm not sure what that is to mean, meaningfully).  The teacher made it a point to write that Ella new all of the colors, letters and shapes.

I would show you a picture of our future doctor, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to download them on this new computer yet.  And sadly we lost all the pictures I hadn't printed yet when the other computer crashed.  So let my mistake be your lesson, back up all your pictures onto CDs, Shad would also advise you to do it to your music as well.

Thanks for reading about how wonderful my kid is.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Way to go Ella!! and way to go Allison! I think progress reports are kinda for the parents too...I mean we can know what we need to work on with them and what we are doing okay at. I need to teach my boys how to tie their shoes...they have their own way, but I'm not sure they would get a "m" or "s" anyway...GOOD JOB!!

Jessie said...

Great job Ella! |I was pretty proud when Hadley brought home her first report card from Kindergarten. It is always nice to see how all of our hard work has paid off.

Ranae and Matt said...

I feel your pain for losing pictures. The sad part was I was in the process of burning cd's when it crashed. I lost over 2000 pictures. Luck for me I found some on snapfish that I forgot that I downloaded. Way to go ella

Kade and Emily said...

What a smart girl you have. I think I see Valedictorian in her future. Now if only she can get that shoe-tying down. ;)