Monday, March 17, 2008

Benches

I am the opposite of a pack rat (thanks for defining it for me Heidi). I get rid of things before I am ready to have them gone or before I am done using it. I did this with a bench I bought at an Antiques Fair. It was a piano bench that was painted white and had an awful pink plaid cover on it. I painted it black and put a red ticking cover on it. It looked great in my entry way. Well a friend of mine raved about it and soon after she bought a used piano that didn't have a bench, so I sold her mine. I have had remorse for that decision. My entryway didn't look as put together without it.

I am no longer mourning my black piano bench. I found this one at target on Saturday.  It's perfect.  I am going to change the picture above it and I already have something in mind.  I love it when I buy something that I don't look at and think of how much I spent on it, I just enjoy it.




And the box entertained Ella for hours on Saturday, even more hours on Sunday, and some on Monday.  The question is when do I throw out the box that keeps my kids entertained?









4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the new bench! What a score!! And I am still thinking of where I will put it when you think it is too cluttery in your house...

Kade and Emily said...

Cute bench. Some things like that are so worth every cent you pay for them.

Jackie said...

I love getting rid of things...it means "new stuff"

I love the bench!! I am itching to decorate a home again...I guess I can just live through my friends for now!

Jessie said...

I love the bench. And the pillows too! Why do I live in Canada again? Oh yeah! But I still miss having a Target nearby. Shopping there a couple of times a year does not fill my need.