Whenever I don't do any cleaning on any particular day, it looks like I haven't done any for a whole week. Yesterday was one of those days, so today I have set aside today just for cleaning.
Clear off table
sweep and mop
vacuum
family room
bedroom
bed linens washed
two loads of laundry cleaned and put away
windows--good day for it, because it's cloudy outside, no streaks from the sun
desk
both bathrooms
Amaya's room
Get Ella to do her room
Remember when wrote that I needed to find a key to our car that was missing? No, I haven't found it, haven't even looked. I was just going to mention that we have a leprechaun living in our house stealing things. Now our camera cord is missing and the car adapter to our portable DVD player. If you see these things going about your day, know that the leprechaun may have brought it from our house to yours.
I've already cleaned the kitchen and as I was I found my camera. I then remembered I haven't told you that we signed Ella up for T-ball. Last night was her 2nd practice and she did awesome. She is so good to listen to the coaches and try to follow their instructions.
The little boy in the blue shirt is going to turn out to be our team's best player.
The little (or big whichever way you look at it) girl behind Ella wouldn't leave her alone. She kept picking Ella up as if she were her new play toy. I am bold and tried ever so politely to tell the girl not to pick Ella up anymore.
While they were waiting in this line a stray ball came right down on Ella's forehead and konked her pretty good.
The parents sitting next to us found it funny that Shad was documenting the crying rather than running out there to scoop her up.
I am so proud of Ella, after she cried for a couple of minutes and let us check for bleeding she went back out to finish with the practice. Shad left a little bit later to take Amaya home and get her to bed.
I am so mad he took the camera with him because while he was gone they did hitting practice. In T-ball you get 2 swings at the ball on the T the first inning and the next inning you get 2 pitches from a coach. So they started practice with a coach pitching. Ella went first. She swung and missed the first pitch. The second pitch her bat connected with the ball and she hit it between 1st base and the pitcher. The parents all clapped and cheered because it was so unexpected. This little girl may be the smallest kid on the team and she got a good hit. I want to cry with joy when I think of the look on her face as she was standing on first base.
It was AWESOME!
4 comments:
Your cleaning list looks like mine, but also add move all of Hadley's furniture to the basement. And start sorting clothes for spring cleaning. I love that she is in T-ball. Mine are signed up for soccer starting next month.
Wow, sounds like Ella is doing great with T-ball! I can't wait until Maryn is old enough for sports. I cringed a little inside when you mentioned the little (or big) girl picking her up. That was me...the one getting picked up...until about 8th grade. I don't know why the big girls felt they had to do it. I wished I could have knocked their heads off. Grrr. Am I STILL bitter about that???
And that is a heck of a cleaning list. Not even I could tackle that in one day, and I'm in that pregnancy phase where I clean, organize and craft alot. I would like to mention, proudly, that I cleaned the baseboards in our bathroom. They were gross...I'm not sure what really goes on in there. ewww.
Good play-by-play, Allison. I enjoy reading what you have to write.
Dad
Post a Comment