Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Ten


A friend of mine is starting Thursday Ten.   Every Thursday you type ten random things in your life.  I was thinking about it yesterday and I was thinking I could make this one creative.

10- Ten things on my to do list that I don't want to get to.  I clean everyday and can't stand that though I enjoy a clean house for most of the day, when Shad gets home he can't tell that I was busy at all.  I have to tell him what I have been doing all day.  He sometimes tells me the house looks clean, but I just think  he should have seen it a couple of hours ago.

9-  You know the pain and anger scales?  A nurse asks you how much pain you're in when you are in labor dilated to a nine and you yell at her "WHERE'S MY EPIDURAL?"   Well that is the level of mad I get at the people that cut in line after school to pick up their kid.  My level of anger is a little lower to the people that actually let them cut in.    I want to march up to their window and tap on it really hard and say "You know I want to pick up my kid too.  I want to see her as bad as you want to see yours, maybe more because mine's cuter than yours, but I went to the back of the line, like a good citizen. Haven't you ever read that poster 'Everything I need to know I learned in Kindergarten'?  Jerk!"  (Not really sure how the punctuation should go in that sentence).  And then I would march over to every car and tell them to not let anyone in, everyone should go to the back of the line just like we did.  My friends call this "pulling an Allison" telling someone how I feel, my mom calls it spunk.  Maybe now that I am an adult she would call it rude.  



8- About eight times during the day Ella starts to tell me something that is completely incomprehensible.  It's a story about something at school or she tries to remember somewhere obscure we went last year and gets frustrated that I don't know what she is talking about.

7-  7 PM is the average time Shad gets home from work, but not this week he has been coming home early and it is soooo good to have extra time with him and his help with the kids.

6- My level of excitement for this weekend.  Shad's sister called last night and said they were driving through the area and want to stop in to see us on Friday.  I love to see family I miss them all.  Ella has been talking about her cousins since Christmas.  She keeps wanting to see them again, any of them.  Then we are planning to go to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, and I bought items to put in my girls' Easter Baskets for Sunday morning.  Ella gets to give a talk in church.  She loves to talk in the microphone.  I bought a Turkey for Easter dinner I can't wait to eat it.

5- I have to ask Ella to do something five times before I even see her budge in the direction I ask her to go.  I wish she would just get it--Mommy asks me once and I do it right away.

4- Ella will only be 4 for 2 more weeks,  I loved having a four year old.  It is a really fun age. 

3- There were three of us making rolls yesterday.  Nothing rivals the smell of bread baking.  I am a good cook, but not a good baker.  I am especially terrible with anything that calls for yeast, so my friend Mary came over to show me and Rebecca how to do it.  They tasted so good.  I'll let y'all know how I do when I make them on my own.

2-  That's the number of miles of exercise I did yesterday.  I ran one and walked one. I want to work my way up to running five.



1- My number one favorite thing right now is Amaya is in cuddly phase.  She hugs and snuggles everyone in the family and she gives us closed mouth kisses.  

6 comments:

Holly said...

I'm totally feeling your excitement in having a husband come home early for a few days. There is nothing better, and I have learned to enjoy the moment when it's here. Sorry about rude drivers--I feel the same way when i am in a traffic jam and the cars start going down the side of the road--what makes them more privledged than me to not have to wait in line?

Rebecca said...

I was thinking of doing a random post today too. How random!

Jessie said...

Your number 2 is just like what I want to do. I am working up to it. I am planning minutes instead of miles though. Last night I ran for 18 minutes. That is huge for me!!

Jen said...

Allison I just had to tell you how much I love reading your posts. They always make me laugh. We are so much alike, especially in the car line department!! I too, am trying to improve on my yeast making skills! I guess I just don't do it enough because it is soooo messy! I'm so glad that Shad's been home with you a little more. It amazes me what a difference in your life it can make to have a husband around!! Cute post!

Bringhursts said...

(This is Anjie). I know we've never really talked and my association to your blog is through my husband but how random that I had a dream about you the other night! We saw each other at the store or something and we were both so excited because we were blog friends. . . Random, I know.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

yeah i'm so glad you are doing this!
I clean ALL the time and it never looks clean.. I need to go to school for cleaning or something. I'm sure jeff thinks I sit online all day.. (well not ALL day)