Saturday, August 30, 2008

Family Reunion

Still catching up from our trip in Utah.  The last weekend we were there was my family's reunion.  

We had plenty of fun.  Lots of water games and outdoor fun, campfire, quilt tie, crafts, food, and of course family pictures.  Since not everyone was there, we kept it to pictures of the grandkids.  There are 12 of them Amaya being the youngest and cousin McKade 10 the oldest.  As you can tell from the picture below, the boys are seriously outnumbered.  


Here's a great picture of my parents with the girls,  Amaya wasn't having anymore of this sitting still for Aunt Mariam.


My dad always pulls out his guitar for us to sing songs. I think it is my mom that insists he plays, I am glad she does though.  I want my kids to know who their grandparents are, what is important to them, and their talents.  He is really good, you can request almost any song and he'll come up with the chords he needs to play it.


Ella really wanted to be the spotlight at the campfire.  She kept raising her hand for a turn to tell a joke or a story.



My parents have a tandem bicycle, it is pretty fun to ride.  One year we did team races around the block.  Whoever got the fastest time got bragging rights.  I forget who won which means I obviously didn't.  Shad and I still brag that we won the Rook competition in the Roundy family, and that was years ago.  This was a little difficult maneuver it by myself and be cautious that Ella didn't go falling off


Amaya getting some alone time with mom.  I think she got overwhelmed with all the love going around.


Since I posted about my sisters, I thought I should include a pic of my brothers.  They are pretty cool guys and better fathers than they were brothers.  I am glad for their children's sake.  Man do I have stories to tell their kids when they get older.  In all seriousness I really like being around my brothers and still think no one outdoes 'em (except Shad, of course).



Like most of you I really enjoy being with my family.  I do wish I lived closer so I could be apart of more baby blessings, and baptisms, and holidays.  I want my children to know of the huge support system they have in just their family.  I want them to know their aunts and uncles and grandparents, so they can say they know and love them.  I think it is important.  

I love my parents and all they sacrificed to have 5 kids in 6 years (though they'll be the first to tell you that that wasn't planned) and help us develop our talents and personalities.  I am especially grateful for rooting all of us in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and making sure that that and family is what is truly important in this life.

5 comments:

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Hanging out with family is always tons of fun!!! We love the picture of Kiley wearing the hat that doesn't quite fit.

Rebecca said...

Why does the comment thing never change? I am always at 70.

Kade and Emily said...

Oh, how fun! You are so lucky to have been with your family. What fun pictures you got!

kristen said...

hey your pictures are so cute! I love the one with all the kids! Holy cow every one is getting so big and adorable! I wish I could have seen you when you came. dang work schedule! love ya tons.

Meg said...

What a great post. I makes me miss my own family. I'm glad I found your blog!