Monday, August 25, 2008

Growing Up More

Ella has always been a vibrant and fun little girl. Shad calls her his favorite toy.  I have always been complimented on what a beauty or sweetie she is.  I will not disagree with anyone who says such nice things about this kid.  I am blessed that she came to my home and as my first kid.  I have often marveled at what I did to deserve such an awesome kid to call mine here on Earth.


You may have guessed, today is the first day of school.  Kindergarten!  I am so excited for her.  Ella is very smart.  She wowed all her grandparents with her ability to read already, and Granddad in her Math skills (my dad is a math teacher,  did you know that?).  


(This picture verifies to me that I will buy a new camera, and soon)

The first day of school didn't go as smoothly as I thought it would.  I didn't know that I was supposed to fill out paperwork at the end of last year letting the district know that I would be sending Ella back to the elementary that she went to last year. So they registered her at the school in our district.  As we were walking up to the school, Mrs. Fink was flipping out saying Ella wasn't on her roster and that this needed to be cleared up because she was going to get Ella in her class again.  So we stood in line at the office and let them know of the mix up.  Luckily, for my own embarrassment,  I was not the only parent that didn't know I had to fill out paperwork.  The office told me to send her to Mrs. Fink anyway and they would be sure to help me work it all out.  


Amaya is a spunky, feisty, determined, and a ball of energy.  She is so funny and cute, she just can't hold all her personality inside for long.  It comes spilling out every second of the day.  Again another beauty, just like Ella.  Who knew that such average people like me and Shad could create such awesome kids?  I didn't, but I am sure glad we do.  Amaya keeps me entertained both in the good sense and the bad.  I am constantly cleaning up after her.  We call her a tornado.


We got rid of her binkies last week.  We went cold turkey.  She used to lay down easily and happily.  Rolling over snuggling her puppy, blankie and sucking on her binki.  She asks for them when we put her to bed now and fusses and cries when we tell her its time to go to bed.  I want to give them back.  I don't like taking something she loves so much.  Shad reminds me its better to be strong, rather than have her skull change shape.  I am staying strong, reluctantly.  She is my baby, you know.


6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh I'm glad things worked out and you didn't have to take her to a different school after thinking she was getting her same teacher! And I know its hard letting your babies grow up (I've been there, am there, whatever) but you are doing a fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Your daughters are adorable--but Al, you are not average looking yourself.

Ella sounds like a smarty-pants :) That's great!

Bringhursts said...

I agree. I've only ever seen pics but your girls are beautiful!

Jen said...

We call Hallie the destroying tornado as well. Owen goes to kindergarten as well but doesn't start until Sept. 4th. Other than the school mix up i'm glad the first day went okay for you. I like your hair curled with the bangs by the way, very cute on you.

David said...

I am sorry Ella's first day of school didn't start well. Hopefully it's all worked out now.

Dad

Kade and Emily said...

Oh, Ella's getting so big. is it weird that your daughter is in school?
Congrats on taking the binki away. it's a hard, but necessary step.