Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gardens

I think I may have mentioned my parents ability to work from sun up to sun down. Well one of those things they do is an admirable garden every year. Ella helped my Dad water it almost every night we were there. When my parents went out of town and left me in care of their garden, I had to check with Ella what else needed to be watered. I have always wanted a garden in my yard, but am just not sure I have the gusto.

Amaya liked toting around the loot.

The loot for one night.

Ella and Amaya by the pumpkin patch.  I think this is the only thing my mom grows not intending to eat it.  Last year I am pretty sure my brother-in-law helped "blow-up" a few of these veggies.


One of the reasons I wish I did a garden is for my kids love of being outdoors.

This is Ella on the side yard all the trees she is in front of are my mother's "volunteers"  She saw them sprouting and started watering them.  This is after 7 years of growth.  I did not receive my mother's green thumb.  Shad and I can't keep a house plant alive.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I would love a garden too. We just have too much shade in our yard. Someday, someday. Fun pics.

Roundy Clan said...

I feel ya on this one. I would LOVE to grow stuff to make fresh salsa! haha But we don't even use our back yard let alone GROW things on purpose in it!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, I love home grown veggies from the garden! It sounds like you guys had a ball in "small town USA", haha. I had to laugh at that, because I'd be doing the same thing if our blog wasn't private! I bet it was so fun seeing your family, and going to Kolob and all that. It made me miss those amazing mountains. And get a load of those homemade hamburger buns!! Your mom sounds like the cutest lady, I want to know her! I'm totally trying out this recipe, they look so good. So now that we're both back from our trips, we need to get together. You just say when and where, and we'll meet you! p.s. So sorry to hear about your sister's house, and the flooding, especially since they just finished it. That was nice of everyone who came over to help.

Cristina said...

I am loving the last picture. How great is it to be barefoot in real grass that is soft and green, makes me miss home. You don't see grass like that around here.

Ginger said...

It is something that my dad and stepmom do aswell. Work all day then tend a garden up in Pine Valley. I am jealous of them because it is something that I want as well. Maybe it is a good thing that I don't have a garden though, I tend to kill everything I have.