Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years

Seven years, 2 girls, new home, new job, new way of life.  New appreciation for our country and the freedom we have here.  New appreciation for the American soldier fighting for safety and freedom of not only our country and people, but theirs too.

I remember exactly where I was.  I was sitting at my desk at Ford Credit in Louisville when Donna across from me got a phone call from her good friend Bev.  Donna thought Bev was teasing her when she asked if we had the TV on, we don't watch TV at work.  "No, go turn on the TV" she said.

It was an awful day, I still remember the somber feelings in the office. I searched my brain making sure that no one I know had been on an airplane that day, no one was.  Our boss Mike (think Michael Scott on The Office)  worked to get it so we could go home earlier and be with our families.




I won't forget.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks! What a beautiful picture of the flag. I still remember that day too. I had just dropped off Sienna at preschool when I turned on the radio and heard it all happening. I just wanted to turn around and grab my little girl and huddle up as a family. It was a scary time, but the next few days were amazing--I had never felt such great love for everyone and everything. . . .(nothing taken for granted)

Erin Marriott said...

This post gave me chills, and I love that picture of the flag. I remember working at my dad's dental office and the staff and all the patients couldn't stop watching the tv with an ache in our throats, in disbelief. We all went home early that day. What a tribute, Allison.

Bringhursts said...

Thanks for an awesome post. Sometimes I get sad because I think too many people fail to remember that day.

Meg said...

What a great post thanks for the reminder of what it meant to all of us.