I was summoned to do Jury Duty. No I couldn't get out of it, not without them summoning me to do it again next spring! I told them I was a stay at home mother with no family in town and a husband that works up to 80 hours a week. They said "that isn't an excusable reason". I got set, I asked a friend to watch Amaya and pick up Ella from school. Then my airheadedness forgets to leave her the car seat for Amaya. Her husband had to come home early so she could leave the kids with him to go get mine. Cristina, Elisha, I owe you big!
So I went I sat waiting for them to call their Jury into the court room and let the rest of us go home. What kind of trial? A MURDER 1 trial!!! I was expecting a car accident dispute. It took a day and a half to find a suitable jury. Which means I had to impose on Cristina AGAIN!
I just sat their willing them not to call my name and let me go home I just couldn't do this anymore, not until my kids are old enough to be on their own. I cannot believe how many people I was sitting with had been afflicted with a murder of a friend or family. They kept getting excused because of their inability to be neutral in this case.
I never got called to be weeded out, but if I had their were a couple of questions the defense Attorney asked that I thought my answers would get me dismissed.
Do you think a Law Enforcement Officer's testimony has more merit than a drug dealer's?
UUUhhhh YEAH!
Would you have trouble looking at crime scene photos and autopsy photos?
I think I might, see I am 13 weeks pregnant and I get nauseous and queasy very easily these days.
I know, I know not the cutest way to tell you, but I am exhausted and not a very creative person right now.
15 comments:
Congratulations! So sorry you had to sit through Jury Duty and so sorry you aren't feeling well, but YAY! you are having a sweet baby! So happy for you!
Yay!! So excited for you guys!!
Congrats!!! Pregnant women should automatically be excused from Jury Duty....we are too emotional/tired/sick! We are very excited for you!
Yay! An announcement! I am hoping for a Roundy boy. I want to see all that cuteness in you guys make in boy form!
Congratulations! BTW the Farnsworth family now has a blog so I won't feel like I am stalking you. http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Yay!!! Congrats! If anything that would should have been enough of a reason to get out of jury duty in my opinion. Can't wait to hear more updates! Miss ya!
How exciting! What great news. I've managed to get out of jury duty so far and I have been summoned three times. Hopefully, they will give up on me soon.
I am glad you didn't get called, that would not have been fun. I agree with Rebecca a Roundy boy would be so cute. Congrats to you guys!
and you didn't impose I'd watch your kiddos anytime.
My vote is also for a boy Roundy. Shad needs some help in that house. :)
So glad you made an announcement! Now I want to see pictures! heehee You showing yet because I am HUGE already?! I can't believe you weren't excused. IN Texas if you are a stay at home mom they will excuse you. I have been called twice in the last 2 years and they excused me both times. Hope you feel better soon. we find out Monday if we are having a boy or girl!
Wow, Allison congrats!! So happy for you. That stinks about Jury duty. My pregnant friend here just had to do that. I hope I don't get called to do that any time soon.
Whaaaa? I am so excited! Congrats guys when is the day?
Congrats again!! I am excited to find out what you are having...are you already thinking of names??
Allison if you start counting down now you are going to drive yourself crazy. On a side note, I am jealous I have always wanted to get called to jury duty. I think it could be exciting.
congratulations!! yeah! So exciting. (Glad you didn't have to view crime scene photos.) Can't wait for a cute new Roundy Baby. Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment