Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Names

A lot of people keep asking me if we have chosen a name for this baby yet.  Though we are closer to deciding on a name this far into the pregnancy, we still haven't decided.

Our very short list consists of mainly two names, maybe three:

Zeke ???
Dashell DeMar
&
Bodee --this one isn't really on the table, Shad is mulling over.  Which means he forgets I suggested it until the next time I bring it up.

From the people we have told so far, Dashell seems to be the favorite.  We like it because it sounds really great with Shad's middle name which is a combination of his fraternal grandparents'.  I love when a  middle name has some familial tie. 

 We aren't ready to put that on the birth certificate yet, because WE (Shad and me)  still really like Zeke.  Even though we can't decide what a middle name for Zeke would be, we can't get over how cool it sounds and how no one is really using this name.

You're welcome to weigh in, but we aren't asking for advice or a poll.  In the end I don't want someone to feel bad that we didn't choose their favorite, not that someone would.

Yes, Kiley and Christy, I know you already have a dog named Dash, but that won't discourage us from using the name if we want to.  Sorry.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys will come up with the perfect name all in good time. So far all your options are great and I love using a family name as a middle name too. Conrats on the new vehicle...no more green with envy! Hope all is well. Only 511 days until normal life begins...and it ROCKS! Hugs to all.

Kade and Emily said...

Maryn would LOVE to have a cousin named Dash...it's one of the characters from the movie "The Incredibles."
Good luck with the decision...I like them all!

Jessie said...

I think they are all great! But I agree with Emily. Knowing someone named Dash would be super cool!

Rebecca said...

I'm rootin for Dash too. Although I would still be your friend if you didn't go with that name. I mean, Ella named her sister Amaya and you still love her.

Meg said...

Matt loves the name Zeke. IF we have a boy it will likely be Zeke Matthew. So, there you have our vote. Two for Zeke!

Julie Robinson said...

Cole had a dog growing up named Zeke--BUT he said it was a good dog?!

wyochatfields said...

I am voting for Dashell.

Jen said...

I like Bodee. We had a neighbor growing up named that and I had THE BIGGEST crush on him. I remember the first time I heard his name I thought it was different, but being around him it really grew on me and I still love it to this day. Good luck.

~jen said...

I know a friend who used the name Zeke-such a cute and cool fam. it works perfectly! Whatever you decide will be great--just make sure it sounds good when you yell it across the playground! (middle name included! =)

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Zeke Elijah.

I love the prophet Elijah, myself.