Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some things are just fun to read.

It must have been forward everything today, because we got a lot in our e-mail.  This one was by far the best.  It is something that I would LOVE to do sometimes.


A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was an avowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the

ceiling and flatly stated, "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this

platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes." The lecture room fell silent. You could

hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed,

'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, 'What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?'

The Marine calmly replied,"God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff and act like an idiot. So, He sent me!"

7 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

Ha ha! That was funny!

Bringhursts said...

I love it. I hope you don't care if I decide to copy it and put it on my blog!

Jessie said...

Okay I am still laughing over that one!

Erin Marriott said...

That's pretty good. I was so sad to hear about the story with your friend's baby. I can't even imagine their pain, and it makes me so sad just thinking about that. I think I will do that survey, what a great cause. p.s. I hope your shower was fun, I felt bad I couldn't go!! I have a gift for you!

Kade and Emily said...

You can do it! You are very good at making yummy things to eat! And I know that you have a crafty edge to you....

Holly said...

Great story!

Rebecca said...

(it's time for an update...nudge nudge)