Thursday, March 5, 2009

Randoms

I've been nudged, I get the message.  I too don't like it when my friends haven't updated in a while.  I like peeking in on their lives and pretending I still live near them and know all they have going on in their worlds.  So if you haven't updated in a while either, here's your jab in the ribs.

#1 I haven't taken any pictures of anything in about 3 weeks.  I hate when I do that, but I am still of "film mind".  Where you have to have an event or reason to take pictures.  I have just recently learned that it's better to take lots and lots of pictures of whatever event you want to capture so that you have something worth looking at when you get home.

#2  This week I have been running to and fro getting everything ready for the boy.  I have been to Target 3 times already.  In all fairness, to myself I wasn't planning on going 3 times, but Walmart didn't have the 100 grand candy bars that I needed to make candy-grams for my Young Women.  Walmart one time.  I think I have to go back again, because I forgot to take my list and had to rely on my memory, not a good thing at the moment.  Sam's Club just once, I went there to get a good supply of detergents so I won't be running out of them when I don't feel like it.

#3  I was in charge of the Young Women's activity last night.  It was Personal Progress night.  Our value for the month is Divine Nature.  I found an activity on Sugardoodle.net.  We played a game where the girls told truths about themselves and everyone that had that in common got up and switched places.  While they exchanged seats, the leaders put dot stickers on them "judging" them for who they are.  Then we read You are Special by Max Lucado.  At the end I handed them a card that said "Heavenly Father thinks you're worth WAY more than 100 grand".  I think it went well.  I am more pleased, however that it went and is now over.  I saved all the planning and preparing for the day of the activity.  Why do I do that to myself?

#4 I think all I have left to do is pack my bag for the hospital and the girls' bag for their stay at someone's house.  The other night I had contractions for 3 hours and completely panicked because this task was not done yet.  I knew I wasn't in labor, but I also knew it could turn into that soon.  They stopped, and I have a little bit more time to get ready.

#5  Am I the only one that worries more about what my kids will go through, than what I'll be going through when the day comes?  I am completely stressed thinking how they will deal with needing to sleep at someone else's house and stay there until I can make it home.  When we went in to have Amaya, my friend Ginger took Ella for me.  And on the second night Ella crawled into bed with Ginger.  I just don't like thinking that my kids are being emotionally stressed, while I am away.  

#6  We're calling the baby "the boy" for now.  I completely envy anyone that has a name for their baby before he/she is born. Shad and I apparently will never be that couple.

#7  Today....I am staying home and nothing sounds better.

8 comments:

Stan and Mel said...

Good idea on the laundry detergent. Don't feel bad about not having a name yet. We don't have a name yet. In fact, I kind of don't want a name until I see the baby...just ideas. It seems more logical to me. Good luck.
Melanie

Elaine said...

David and I were the same way--we never picked names until the baby was born--and even then sometimes it took a few days. And I always stressed a lot about my older kids and how they would handle being away from me when I had the baby. We all survived, and most of the kids don't remember it anyway. It will all work out. I can't believe you are getting so close. Yay! And way to go on a cute YW activity!

Roundy Clan said...

I was totally worried about Tyler and what he would do. That's why we ended up flying dad out at the last minute to help with things. Tyler did a million times better then what I thought he would so you probably have nothing to worry about. I can't wait to see your new baby

Anonymous said...

We had two name combos to pick from when the baby was born. That way we could decide which fit better...but that came after long, late night "discussions" (bickering).

Ethan went to our neighbors while we were in VA. She opened the door and he greeted her with a "Hi. I need to stay here while my mom has the baby." Then he stayed at someone else's house for two more days while I was stuck in the hospital with Charley. He didn't want to come home.

Sometimes I think I'd prefer that my child actually missed me. :)

Jessie said...

I am the same with lists. I can go to the same store everyday for a week and still not get everything I need if I try to remember my list from memory! Can't wait to meet the newest Roundy baby! Hopefully sooner than later!

Unknown said...

Yes, I also worry a lot about how marley is going to react to the new baby, to me being gone having the baby, to the baby waking up at all hours of the night and taking over her bed, etc. Have you moved Amaya to a 'big girl' bed yet?

Just know that you are way more prepared than I will probably be. We're going to move next week...and our house isn't finished yet! :) I am VERy worried about having a baby and not being organized.

~jen said...

Pretty soon all this stress and worry will be washed away and replaced with trying to remember when the baby ate last, if he's eating enough, if he's too cold or warm enough and if you actually showered in the last 24 hours or just changed your clothes (and what about that hair?) Your kids will be fine while you leave to have the baby, it's juggling them when you get back that gets trickier. My advice: cold cereal is great for dinner. Good Luck!! =)

Kade and Emily said...

Oh Al, it will all be alright. If you don't have it, you don't need it. "The boy" won't care that he doesn't have name picked out for him. And, at least Ella and Amaya have each other when you can't be there for them.
Did that help?
Just a few more weeks! Yipee!