When I got there she was sitting in the office with her teacher's assistant Ms. Amanda. Ms. Amanda said she knew I was bringing some clothes but she went ahead and changed her anyway since she wouldn't want her baby to be sitting in that. I thanked for that, because I didn't either.
Ella was holding an ice pack on her head and had been crying. She did just what I would have done, as soon as she saw her mom she started crying all over again. There was always something about my mom being present or asking if I was okay. All my emotions would come pouring out of me with her. Ella must be the same way.
I hugged her and asked her if she was okay. I checked her head, just a small goose egg was showing. I then asked her if she just wanted to come home now or stay and go back to class. "Go back to class" she said. I asked "really? Are you sure?" "yeah". She went back to class and I said I'd see her after school.
My brave good girl. What in the world did I do right to deserve being her mom? I ask myself that question all the time.

8 comments:
That is quite the story...puke, school, goose egg. couldn't have thought that up myself. She is such a trooper though.
Oh that is the saddest story! It's like it came off of Hannah Montana or something! Poor Ella! She is such a cute little girl, and she handled that so well. I'm exactly the same way with my mom, and how sweet you could see that in her too. I can't believe how close you are in having your baby! You made me laugh in that last post about patience, you always say it so perfectly.
She is one awesome little girl. After falling in puke and hitting my head I would have wimped out and gone home. Good for her!
Poor thing! Must have been a fun day at school for her to want to stay!
Wow, what a day!
gorgeous picture of her!!!
Beautiful girls you have! It will be so fun to see the Roundy version "boy style". Good luck with getting that babe here sooner than later!
That takes the cake for embarrassing school stories, although it sounds like it didn't phase her one bit. How disgusting, poor girl!! What are the odds that something so awful like that would happen. I'm glad she survived! What a cute little lady.
Post a Comment