We're moving this weekend. Just to an apartment, so our landlords can live in their house.
I am going to miss this house... home. It was the first house Shad and I have lived in. We loved it.
I came out to North Carolina in August of 2005 to look for a house to buy, a place to live. I had expectations:
Something bigger.
Something affordable
Something that would make us happy.
I thought I was so brave to be doing it by myself. I thought it would be such a hard decision. Thinking back on it, it wasn't so hard. This house wasn't even on the list of houses we were going to check out. We drove by it while looking at others in the neighborhood. I wanted to see it anyway. I fell in love with the colors of the kitchen, the great big family room, and the bonus room.
It came down to this house and another one. I had my realtor bring me back to both houses at the end of looking at about 10. I walked through them both and when I stood in this one I felt a lot of peace. I know I was guided to this house. It is was an easy commute for Shad. It was in the ward I know I was meant to be in. And we were VERY happy here.
Most of the improvements I made were things I liked and things I hoped would help sell it. I had no idea we would have such an easy time of selling it.
I am going to miss this cute little house mostly in the spring time. I love spring in this house.
Seeing the trees I planted become tall, full and shady.
The beadboard my dad put in for me.
The swing-set Shad built for my girls.

Doing all the projects I had in mind of doing, such as: taking the girl's closet doors off and hanging a curtain in place of them, and making a beautiful backyard, and putting down laminate or hard wood floors.
Shad telling me he loves our house (hopefully I can make the next one just as loveable)
The fenced-in back yard.
All the natural light my bathroom gets.
My Aqua living room (what if we have to rent next???? how will I do without my Aqua rooms?)
My Holly Bushes. They are so pretty with their red berries all winter.
My Giant Garage and the Giant Bonus room that sits above it.
My walk-in closet (though it's the bane of my existence, I put everything in there that doesn't have any other good place to go). It's a great size.
My wall of windows.
Sending the kids upstairs, so I can have 5 minutes of quiet.
Amaya asking if she can go outside.
Ella asking if she can ride her scooter in the garage. (a bit sad, but I don't let her loose on our street).
We spent 4 1/2 years here.
We brought Amaya and Dash home from the hospital to this house.
We spent game nights and fun entertaining our friends.
We hosted a Christmas for 17 people in this little house.
We have wonderful memories of this beautiful house, luckily we don't have to leave those behind.
My comfort is that the family moving in behind us will love this house as much as we did. It will be their first house too.
5 comments:
Too funny I let my kids ride their bikes and scooters in our garage for the same reason! Great minds think alike!
Good luck with your move. I will be thinking about you. Leaving a house you love is always hard. I loved my NC house as well. But I'm sure that your next house will be just as fabulous, because it is the wonderful family inside that makes a house a home.
I wish I could have come and seen it. But you have great adventures ahead of you.
I hope that the next people love it as much too! I think what drew me to your house the most was the feeling of “peace”. Thank you for being the best renters/sellers ever! I wish you the very best.
PS Alaska was and is my top choice of places to be stationed. I am very jealous.
You know I talk about how I can't wait to move and how I don't really like this house we live in but when the time comes i am sure I will feel the same way! I can't believe it's been 4 and a half years already! sheesh that went fast.
Post a Comment