Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1 year

My baby turns a year old today. I am at a loss for words. I can't believe it's been a year since I was so relieved to have him arrive. How come the pregnancy seems to take FOREVER, and the first year of life goes by so quickly?

Dash

I am so glad to have such beautiful photos of my baby when he was brand new.

He still makes this frowny face.

At 7 months, oh the look on his face melts my heart. I am putty in his hands.


oh, sigh, those DIMPLES!

He makes this face all the time too. He his just so handsome. And he's mine, at least for another 17 years.

He is so good to snuggle with his mommy, when he's in the mood not me.


He likes to be told no. He laughs and then does whatever it was that he was doing faster, harder and more.
He knows when one of the doors open, and he books it trying to make it outside before someone catches him. It makes him laugh and giggle, and sometimes cry.
He loves attention, he almost always needs someone paying attention to him.
He loves the remote controls, his grip is so tight when he gets his hands on them.
He is definitely opinionated and a stinker.
He has this way of crawling when he is coming to have you hold him. He looks in a different direction than the way he is going. It is so funny, like a little show-man. He then bumps his head into your leg or lays on your feet.
Oh I just love him.

7 comments:

wyochatfields said...

happy B-day Dash!!!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday, Dash. You can thank me you're not named Zeke later!

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

He really is a favorite cutie pie of mine. He makes me talk in that silly mommy voice. :)

Can't believe he's a year! And I can't believe that I think it's gone by fast! But it has! Slow down there boy!

Susy said...

Happy Birthday to your baby boy! He is a handsome little man.

Anica said...

What a cutie!!

Roundy Clan said...

I looked at your pictures when you posted this but hadn't come back to read it and comment yet. He is so cute Al! I can't wait to meet him some day. No clue when that will be but some day I will. He seems so sweet and it seems like yesterday we were both pregnant!

wendy said...

Okay I just can't stand how cute that little face is! I just want to squeeze him and can't wait til you guys come for your visit/move!!!