I love my Christmas decorations. I love how festive and warm they make my house. I love how I have mixed old with new the way all the designers tell you to do it.
One of my favorite jobs I've ever had was to help a lady in my Crestwood ward decorate her 8,000 sq foot home for Christmas. I picked up on some of her ideas and enjoyed how it put me in the Christmas mood each year. Another favorite job of mine was wrapping Christmas presents at a local department store in my home town.
That little nativity was given to me so many years ago by my mother. It's all chipped now from my kids playing with it. I don't let them do that anymore so it will survive their childhood.
The kids' tree. I imagine this covered in all the homemade ornaments they will bring home every year.
A new contest:
Write in the comments what your favorite Christmas decoration is, the thing you can't wait to see displayed in your home again?
The winner will get some of my homemade toffee. (it's worth the 30 seconds it takes to comment, I promise).
8 comments:
Well I actually have to say it is my new wreath that I made this year. I love it and can't wait to hang it on my door year after year.
Cute decorations, I wish I had a fireplace, someday.
Everything looks so beautiful! I love my tree ornaments, they each represent something to us. It makes us think about all the places we've been.
I have never seen your black R before. I think I could take that off your hands one day too...
My favorite decorations are my gold letter ornaments. R R K D H E and W!
I have three wooden trees that are my favorite. The shortest is 2 feet and the tallest is 3 feet. They are so simple but they look good in so many places-- (which is good because I have had to put them in several houses) on the front porch, by the fireplace, and this year up on our ledge by the stairs. I love getting them out every year.
I love seeing all your fun decorations! Your house is so pretty. Do you guys know yet where you are moving? Any chance of coming to Washington?
I got this new advent calender house- so cute and it fits exactly 3 hershey kisses in each drawer:) Kind- of screwed nest year when Logan is big enough for candy (guess I'll have to find smaller candy!)
PS- got it at target last year AFTER Christmas for a steal:)
I love both my Christmas trees. I have an angel tree for me and a teddy bear tree for the kids with all of their homemade ornaments. The angel tree has been an ongoing process for the last 14 years. I am still wondering what it needs. As of yet those are the only decorations I have up so far.
ohh, ohh I haven't missed it? doesn't look like it YAY! My favorite decoration is my village. My parents collected village pieces for me as a child and now I get to display them in my house. I love it. The other favorite of mine is the Chirstmas music. IT may not be a decoration per say but it sure sets the scene and how can you not love it we only get to enjoy it 4 weeks a year.
Allison-I would say this before I knew this was a contest-but I love the way you've decorated! Okay, and now the comment for the toffee-my favorite Christmas decoration is a nativity that my Mom bought me for Christmas two years ago. It's really beautiful.
Post a Comment