Monday, December 21, 2009

Randomness

I don't have anything exciting to write about so here are my randoms for the week of
December 21, 2009.

*All presents are wrapped and under the tree.

*I am listening to Christmas music or movies whenever possible.

*Dash used to hate the vacuum cleaner, he would cry until you picked him up. Now he follows it all around the house and tries to hit it. He hits everything.

*I love to hear Amaya tell people she's "little". "But I'm little" she'll often say to get out of doing something.

*I am having a hard time coming up with a Holiday meal plan. Shad says we should order pizza, but I am too much of a traditionalist.

*We have been battling a nasty cough, congestion, and down right yucky illness in Dash.

*Ella's cough sounds ridiculously similar, hmmmmmm.

*We may know where we are going next year, but aren't telling Everybody (I can't help not telling some people) until orders are sent.

*Today was the first day off from school and Ella and Amaya played really well together. I wish that would last.

*I hope to only go to one more store before Christmas. It is getting too hectic in the shopping world for me to enjoy any of it until the Holiday rush calms down. February?

*The new year is going to bring about some craziness. We have to move out, move in, move out and move in again all within 4 or 5 months.

*Considering signing up for some online courses. Can't decide if they'll add too much stress to what I already know is coming.

*I look forward to peeking in on Amaya during her sleep, she often has something funny or cute on.


* I love watching my kids sleep. They can be so cute when they aren't destroying something, whining, fighting and so on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here you go (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Turkey-Breast/Detail.aspx) ...a ridiculously easy way to make the turkey without 50 lbd of leftovers. PW is a great spot for fussing over stuffing and such. Make casseroles a day ahead...maybe broccoli or green bean casserole? Oh, and you can prepare the bread dough a day ahead of time too. Just stick it in the fridge but be sure to take it out in time for it to rise before dinnertime!

If not, I can totally dig Shad's call for pizza and would offer Chinese take-out or lasagna as additional options.

Merry Christmas!

Rebecca said...

Kids are always cute when they are sleeping. You almost wonder how they can ever be so annoying when they are all sweet like that. Then they wake up and you remember...

All my presents are wrapped too, except the ones for my kids and Randy, we always leave those laying out.

And what to eat? I say ham, mashed potatoes, bread, and punch.

Roundy Clan said...

funny how those Roundy boys are alike. We are feeding the missionaries on Christmas Eve and Cody wanted to just order LOTS of pizza so we could eat it all day on Christmas but I want to cook. After the kitchen is a mess I will have wished I listened! lol

wyochatfields said...

I totally Agree with the kids sleeping thing. They are so peacefull when they are sleeping!!!

Kade and Emily said...

i'm with shad on the pizza idea. Here we are having sandwiches. Fancy, I know.
I love the picture of Amaya with her backpack on. Good luck at the store.

Anica said...

I always enjoy random posts. Did you figure out your meal plan? That's always a hard one for me too. You want something really yummy that doesn't take all day to make in the kitchen! Your next post should be what you had on Christmas... ;D
Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!