Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WINNER!

I chose the winner of my little contest using the random number generator on the web. It came up with the number 7, And the winner of my home made toffee is MEG ROBERTS!

She said:

ohh, ohh I haven't missed it? doesn't look like it YAY! My favorite decoration is my village. My parents collected village pieces for me as a child and now I get to display them in my house. I love it. The other favorite of mine is the Chirstmas music. IT may not be a decoration per say but it sure sets the scene and how can you not love it we only get to enjoy it 4 weeks a year.

I love Christmas. I love giving away something yummy. So for the rest of you, you can have the recipe to my toffee. I got it from my aunt you got off a lady from Belgium.

Toffee:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp water
1 T white Karo syrup
1/4 t salt
1/2 lb Hershey chocoalate
1 1/2 cup slivered almonds

Prepare ahead:
-Toast 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds sprinkled with a bit of salt on a cookie sheet under the broiler until a golden brown. Then chop 3/4 c and set aside.
-Grease 9x13 cooking dish with butter, set aside.

Start:
-Melt butter in saucepan on low heat, then add sugar, salt, water, and syrup. Stir until dissolved, then bring heat up to Medium. Stir vigorously about 15 minutes until temperature reaches 310 degrees. The color should resemble a copper color and should smell almost burnt. Add the 3/4 of almonds that haven't been chopped, then immediately pour into prepared dish. Let stand for 10 minutes then pop it out of the onto a cookie sheet to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and spread half of it on the toffee, sprinkle with half of the crushed almonds, let the chocolate set again and then turn over and do same thing to the other side of the bar of toffee.


8 comments:

wyochatfields said...

I am excited to try it.

Thanks Allison.

Rebecca said...

yay Meg.

Kade and Emily said...

ARRGH! I take a short break from blogging, and I missed your give-a-way! Oh well. I guess I will have to just make it myself. Oh, and I LOVE your wreath! Did you make that? Due to having the first trimester of both my pregnancies fall around Christmas, I can't do pine needles. Just the sight still makes me want to yak.

Roundy Clan said...

I missed your give away too! Bummer. You made me some last year and it was DELICIOUS! But I can't wait to make it myself now!

Meg said...

Yay for me!!! I can't wit to enjoy that delicious toffee.

Anica said...

Yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe. It sounds wonderful!

wyochatfields said...

I made your toffee yesterday and it was really good, Thanks

pinkfrostycookies said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe for your delicious toffee. We were missing it and your family this year.