Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Days like Today

Days like today are the reason I wanted to become a stay-at-home mom. I was on the ball this morning, I had all the kids ready to go before it was time. It was my turn to drive for preschool. I got to worked out. I did a lot of chores. I watched a friend's kids, so she could have lunch with her hubby and grocery shop by herself. I got to talk to my mom and sister on the phone. I shared a secret cookie with Dash. I taught Amaya how to knit on a loom. I comforted Amaya after Dash pushed her and she hit her head. I got to hear about Ella's day and what is going on at school. I helped her with her homework. The kids were getting along and not fighting (meaning not much). No one groaned when I asked them to help clean or do dishes. Everything was great. I feel very fulfilled on days like today. It was picture perfect, except for the part where Amaya put a penny in the outlet and it blew a fuse. Dash's room and the hallway lights are out, and the nightlight, outlet and penny are all charred. Thankfully she wasn't electrocuted. Funny, I always thought it was going to be Dash that did that not her.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You are a cute Mom.

Unknown said...

That does sound like a good day! :) I agree that it's good days like those that help you get through the tough ones.