About a year ago my friend Allie and I were talking about doing a dinner night where each family would bring a dish that goes with the theme. We started with Indian Cuisine. Allie hosted the first one and it took off from there. We had so much fun laughing and tasting new dishes and talked about the things we learned about that style/genre/ethnicity.
Each month a different household hosts and decides the theme. We've had Italian, South American, Mexican, German, England, Carribean, Hawaiian, Spanish, BBQ/Grilling, Soups and Stews, Apple Night and a couple I forget.
I realized the other day that Allie and Travis are the couple that decided who would be there and between the 4 couples there are 15 kids, so we decided that we would have to cap our dinner club at just these families. There has been interest from other couples, but the houses are busting at the seams now.
At first we concerned ourselves with "what will the kids eat", but then we decided "who cares"?
They'll find little things they'll try. Sometimes we get home from these and realize our kids didn't eat anything so they get a granola bar or a piece of bread with peanut butter.
Well we finally took a picture of the group. These people are a barrel of laughs.
Back row: The Roberts and Trickeys
Front row: Monsons and Roundys (as if you didn't know that one)
3 comments:
Did you coordinate outfits? Looks and sounds like fun.
Ha, Miriam, I noticed that too! Yay for fun, boo it isn't with us. I would love to eat pb on bread with the kids.
What a fun idea!
Post a Comment