Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Random 10/12

Here are some things that are going on with us lately and some pictures from my phone:

*We have been battling sickness around here.  I guess it's our year for it; last year we were all pretty healthy.  

*Shad went to Utah to his Mission's 15 year reunion.  He got to see his Mission President and his wife President and Sister Evans.  President Evans had a General Priesthood Session ticket on him and gave it to Shad.  I was so happy that President Evans is still looking out for his missionaries so many years later.

*Shad got to see a great many of our family while there.  He stayed with Lindsay and Jeremy, saw his parents, his Aunt Linda and Uncle Clyde, he skyped with his brother Kent while visiting Kent's family, and he saw my parents shortly one morning. I was a bit jealous, but I did get to see most of those people this summer.

*I've been extremely baby hungry.  It is just me, or is EVERYONE having babies right now except me? I still can't convince Shad that just one more and I'll be done and happy.



It's only for posterity sake that I sometimes put pictures of me on here.


*The snow finally came.  It was late this year, and I wasn't complaining.  Except for the fact that we had family photos scheduled and the only thing I wanted for it was a little snow.  Luckily they moved the shoot for later in October.

* My last surviving grandparent Catherine DeMick Chatfield passed away in late September.  I didn't make it to the funeral.  She was a classy lady, unfortunately I didn't know her very well.  It makes me a bit sad to think there aren't any grandparents left for Shad or me.


Sometimes you have to catch him when he's asleep to see him not on the go. He fell asleep playing MarioKart.



*Shad's 4-wheeler was involved in a horrible crash.  Thankfully no one was hurt. He will only survive if we dish out ALOT of money.  I think we're going to have him fixed, just because he's a good 4-wheeler and will hopefully be around for a long long time.

*I got an additional calling to be the ward's Girls' Camp Director of 2013.  I am a bit excited and a bit dreading it.  I guess I feel that way with all of my callings though.


I can still get twitterpated looking at this man.


*I am really really not looking forward to the winter.  We have taken our kids sledding and played outside as much as we can, but the temps are already below zero now.  Time to start thinking of indoor fun.

*I am looking forward to Christmas, I just love the holiday season. And in January, we are planning a trip to Hawaii.  I am just barely letting myself think it'll happen.


Dash got a new scooter, he was THRILLED.



*I got to talk to my friend Emily Walker this week. I can't even remember the last time we talked talked.  It's amazing how much I miss my old friends.  Hearing her voice say "Hi, Al", made me melt a bit.  Because I have a friend up here named Allison and goes by Allie, people ask what I go by.  I'll tell them Allison, but I know how long I've known a person by if they call me Al or Allison.  Almost everyone I knew in Utah calls me Al, and I love it.


I went on a girls' shopping trip to Anchorage and on the way back it was clear clear skies and Mt. McKinley was out.

*I went to Anchorage with Christy TenKley and Allison Monson.  We stayed for two nights and shopped and ate good food and shopped and ate good food and shopped, and even went to a movie. It was so  relaxing and fun.

*I saw my first wild wolf on the trip back from Anchorage, it ran across the road in front of us.  I just felt I needed to document that experience.



I just love this picture of Ella.





Shad snuggling his two littles.



Shad doing push-ups with the three of them on his back. Why?  Because he can.




This little girl STILL loves to be outside no matter the season.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for updating. It's always fun to really see what you've been up to instead of just hearing what we can cram into a 45 minute phone call talking over crying or kids pick up or whatever. I'm glad you still talk to old friends. Sometimes I call you Al in my head but only because of Shad. I love all these pictures. Speaking of wolves, we heard coyotes in our woods last week howling at 11:30.

JLKendell said...

Allison your beautiful you need to put more pictures of yourself on here.

Mariam said...

I loved it all!

Unknown said...

You're going to Hawaii!? How fun!! I need to find out more details on that one. We need to find a time to either all be in Cedar at the same time or find a destination to meet. It's been too long since we've been together.

wyochatfields said...

I love hearing what you guys are up to!!! If it make you feel any better we have also had some snow and i am not ready for winter.

Kade and Emily said...

I love that picture of Ella. Too cute!

Mary said...

Loved the update! I miss you!