Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012


Ella and Amaya long ago decided on a Harry Potter theme.  Ella wanted to be Harry and she convinced Amaya to Hermione.  We thought about having Dash be Ron, but this was their year to choose what they wanted and Dash went a different route.

The night of Halloween our ward had their Harvest Party and so we went to the church to do the door to door trick or treat and then we left early, so we could still hand out candy to some trick-or-treaters at home.  That's my favorite part, answering the door and giving candy.

 
I made most of their costumes and I'm pretty proud of myself for it. I didn't use any patterns, and you can totally tell they were homemade. But still, proud just the same.


I waited until the last minute to get started on these babies and I finished sewing them that afternoon.   I think maybe the girls were getting a little worried about actually having a costume.

 When I asked Dash what he wanted to dress up as, he very clearly said "Superman".  So that's what we did.  I thought about buying him one of those costumes with the built in muscles, but I like the idea of a homemade route better.

 Shad is showing him classic Superman poses.

See. 

My little Superman. 

I loved their costumes this year, but I think I'll just get store bought ones next year.


7 comments:

Mariam said...

They look awesome!

Rebecca said...

I agree. Awesome. Plenty of reasons to be proud!!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed!! They look so cute :)

wyochatfields said...

Very cute!!!

Mary said...

They are so stinking cute! Good job mom!

Jessie said...

Love them! Good for you to make costumes this year! I am such a slacker, it is store bought all the way here! Hadley was Hermione as well!

Kade and Emily said...

Love the costumes....I agree, homemade are way better!